• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing The Ear Stem From Flak Jacket Frames

Moonraker

Oakley Beginner
Lake Erie
I want to replace the rubber pieces that go around the Icons on my Flak frames. I see guys on YouTube just push down on the top of the ear stem with their thumbnail, twist, and it pops right out. I am unable to do it with mine. Not even close. And I really would hate to snap the stem in two. Anybody have any advice on how to safely get that Icon rubber changed out?

I want to replace the rubber pieces that go around the Icons on my Flak frames. I see guys on YouTube just push down on the top of the ear stem with their thumbnail, twist, and it pops right out. I am unable to do it with mine. Not even close. And I really would hate to snap the stem in two. Anybody have any advice on how to safely get that Icon rubber changed out?
Sorry, what you just explained is how I always replace my unobtainium material. It is so simple, maybe you need to twist the stem a little bit of harder?

I’m sure I’m just pussing out. When my MOON stem snapped after five years of daily wear, they were gone. But, the stems on the Flaks are pretty stout. I’ll give it a little more twist. Thanks for the advice!
And sorry. I probably should have posted this in the Mod Forum.

I’m sure I’m just pussing out. When my MOON stem snapped after five years of daily wear, they were gone. But, the stems on the Flaks are pretty stout. I’ll give it a little more twist. Thanks for the advice!
And sorry. I probably should have posted this in the Mod Forum.
All good my friend! I’m positive that @Rick58 feedback will be beneficial to you. Take care!

Back