• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement lenses

andr3

Oakley Expert
Hamburg
I was reading through old posts trying to figure out how to go about replacement lenses that are not sold by Oakley anymore (or maybe never were for a particular frame).

Now, I do understand people have certain preferences:
1. Original Oakley lenses
2. Custom cut OEM lenses
3. 3rd party lenses by Fuse, Linegear, Revant, Walleva (and others?)

On 1:
Can you even get those if they aren't sold by Oakley anymore? / Are there people sitting on piles of original replacement lenses that they are willing to sell?

On 2:
I am reading @Chris A Hardaway does a very fine job. I am not living in the states, though.
Can any experienced optician do it?
Is there anything that needs to be taken into account like taking a certain part of the donor lens to retain optical quality / anything to be taken account to retain XYZ-Optics?

On 3:
Are there after-market manufacturers I didn’t list?
Is there a particular order you'd go for in terms of optical quality (not talking about personal preferences, but something measurable and verifiable by an optician)?
Did anybody perform and publish a comparison on optical quality of 3rd party manufacturers?

1. Yes on ebay or the forum/yes people are sitting on them not all will sell.

2. Not all opticians are willing. Chris is the man. Yes especially with polarized lenses

3. There are tons of aftermarket manufacturers. @Linegear Japan is a top notch dude and a pleasure to deal with every single time:)....and he ships wicked quick

1. Yes on ebay or the forum/yes people are sitting on them not all will sell.

2. Not all opticians are willing. Chris is the man. Yes especially with polarized lenses

3. There are tons of aftermarket manufacturers. @Linegear Japan is a top notch dude and a pleasure to deal with every single time:)....and he ships wicked quick
Thanks, man.

Back