• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rio Olympics 2016

Going to step on a soap box for a moment.......

Can someone explain to me all this unsportsman-like BS I'm seeing from athletes and fans at the Olympics? Have I been "living under a rock" or is this now what the Olympics are like? I don't recall this last winter or summer Olympics?

Hope Solo......you lost....they didn't cheat.....don't be a sore loser!

I was watching women's beach volleyball and was so disgusted I turned it off after the first set. Brazilian fan's booing opposing Olympiads?????? I did some research and apparently this is what they do? REALLY?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!

At this point I'll only watch events that non Brazilian Olympian's are in.

Besides true compeittion......this is why I watch the Olympics....... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/17/s...hamblin-abbey-dagostino-womens-5000.html?_r=0

I attribute this, what I consider, "Demented Behaviour" to the "WIN AT ALL COST" mentality that seems to be proliferating through sports at all levels including youth sports (at least youth sports in the US). My question is......"What happens when this "WIN AT ALL COSTS" extends beyond sports into everyday social life?
This match was difficult to watch. Kerri Walsh Jennings was already nervous as it is trying to keep her winning streak and win a 5th gold medal, then you have the majority of the stadium as a distraction... Too many nerves and errors on the US's side. It's too bad that the spectators could've played a small part in Kerri's historic loss.

This match was difficult to watch. Kerri Walsh Jennings was already nervous as it is trying to keep her winning streak and win a 5th gold medal, then you have the majority of the stadium as a distraction... Too many nerves and errors on the US's side. It's too bad that the spectators could've played a small part in Kerri's historic loss.
I personally think it did. These women are great volleyball players, on both sides and they should be able to expect some influence by the fans, but it should not be via negative comments or cheering. It was apparent to me the crowd was influencing the game which made me turn the game off. I would love to go to those people's places of work and taunt them while they were trying to get their job done and see how well they could perform.

I personally think it did. These women are great volleyball players, on both sides and they should be able to expect some influence by the fans, but it should be via negative comments or cheering. It was apparent to me the crowd was influencing the game which made me turn the game off. I would love to go to those people's places of work and taunt them while they were trying to get their job done and see how well they could perform.
I agree. Volleyball is typically quiet until the point is over, then you hear the cheers or boos. But that stadium was continuously loud and distracting. It sounded like a soccer game...

It's pathetic they're outright calling them liars.

75% of what I'm hearing of this event there is a debacle.
Dunno, the footage I've seen more or less corroborates that they were telling a few porkies at least. Didn't seem to go down like Lochte said it did. And if there is confirmation that they were laughing and joking when they arrived back at the village, it won't help their case. Lochte has long since scarpered of course....

Back