• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 rubber, an option

Onza

Oakley Enthusiast
i read on another post somewhere that Half jacket nose bombs would fit on the Romeo 2. After some stretching, I was able to fit both the large and small sizes on them. I went with the small size and they fit great. I also tested some juliet ear socks on the romeos and they fit pretty well. The stem area is a few millimeters longer than the sock but they still work. So it is an option until the aftermarket responds.

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

I was thinking of maybe getting a Romeo 2 but was worried about replacement parts. Thanks for this helpful post :)

Do you also know if it's hard to get replacement (Oakley) lenses for them ? Can they be custom cut ? They seem to have a very unique shape.

I was thinking of maybe getting a Romeo 2 but was worried about replacement parts. Thanks for this helpful post :)

Do you also know if it's hard to get replacement (Oakley) lenses for them ? Can they be custom cut ? They seem to have a very unique shape.
Yes they can be custom cut. One forum member cuts them.

i read on another post somewhere that Half jacket nose bombs would fit on the Romeo 2. After some stretching, I was able to fit both the large and small sizes on them. I went with the small size and they fit great. I also tested some juliet ear socks on the romeos and they fit pretty well. The stem area is a few millimeters longer than the sock but they still work. So it is an option until the aftermarket responds.

View attachment 351991

View attachment 351992

View attachment 351993

Looking good buddy

EDIT: posted two screenshots in separate posts below and adding them here. One says for now our only option is new old stock or used, then another post says it's a go

Original post --- For posterity reasons like to add here that @Linegear Japan took the risk (fwir a year back they were no longer interested in R2 replacement parts and predicted its inevitable extinction) and invested in Romeo 2.0 rubber kits that should be available this year!

Bring out those credit cards guys, time to reviveX your R2's and now with more colors to choose from! I'm glad i held on to mine, thank you so much linegear!

IMG_3154.PNG
IMG_3155.PNG

Last edited:
For posterity reasons like to add here that @Linegear Japan took the risk (fwir a year back they were no longer interested in R2 replacement parts and predicted its inevitable extinction) and invested in Romeo 2.0 rubber kits that should be available this year!

Bring out those credit cards guys, time to reviveX your R2's and now with more colors to choose from! I'm glad i held on to mine, thank you so much linegear!

@joecool862

@Linegear Japan is this true??