• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo - Plasma Vs Titanium

Sorry, that should have read ' you need not worry about wear or fading on any of the plasma Romeo frames'

err.. there IS a gen 1 plasma for the romeo. think about it logically guys it was made before the juliet. ive seen it, bone white. dont confuse with gen 1 titanium whih is sometimes close in pictures, but is in fact a more "creamy gold" color. the difference is subtle but there is a difference.

There may be a hint of gold in the 2 I hav but they are definitely not bone white and both are 4 digit serial numbered. P

The bone colour was on the plasma frame featured on the early Juliet which unfortunately did wear easily. The XX ti02 has a simililar problem on its orbitals. You need not worry about wear or fading on any of the plasma Juliet frames but the early titanium colour way did suffer from this which was brownish in comparison. I will post photos next week if it helps.
Cool, thanks. Photos will be tremendously helpfull.

You need not worry about wear or fading on any of the plasma Romeo(edited) frames but the early titanium colour way did suffer from this which was brownish in comparison. I will post photos next week if it helps.

both gen1 plasma and gen1 titanium romeo frames do suffer from the discoloration problem.. the gen1 plasma on the romeo is same as the gen1 plasma on the Juliet. that bone white will discolor.

Alright I've read through this thread and am a bit confused with the plasma R1 that I have. My Plasma R1 has a nice "sheen" to it. I love the way the finish looks on it but from what I've read, the "polished sheen" Plasma R1s are indicative of a 2nd Gen release with a serial ending in "A" on the nosebridge.

However my Plasma R1 doesn't have an "A" at the end of the serial. You can see what I'm talking about here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/xx-and-r1.29514/

My question is whether my Plasma R1 is 1st or 2nd Gen?

Thanks

David

I have a few R1s and have had quite a few pass through my hands , until I see a plasma R1 with an A suffix serial matched to its original box iI will continue to believe that such a frame is a 2nd gen Titanium ,mistaken for a Plasma frame.,I also think these so called "bone" plasma frames are early Titaniums with new lenses and rubber.
In short Plasma was produced with one generation.,I have one numbered 005xxx (cant rember exactly) and have sold one numbered 04xxx both have the shiney Plasma finish,the one I have is in a matched box so you would have to wonder how low the serials would have to be to find the first gen ,and if they exist why does my pair in the matched box not have an A suffix?
Titanium was produced in 2 generations first was a matt finish,I have a complete matched pair of these in the 10,000s and the second was the Plasma like finish with the A suffix.

A fellow enthusiast on the Philippine Oakley FB page has a picture of the 7 iterations of the romeo one, all in one picture. not sure if he has boxes with matching serial, but i have BOTH plasma and titanium frames WITH A's at the end of the serial number and they are definitely different finishes.

not my pic below, but you can see the difference.

e9ebadah.jpg

also for the xmetal frames, the difference in generations IMHO is not specified via color/texture or serial number but via the "square" stems. the "1st gen" (left) had squarish stems like the Jordans and the "2nd gen" (right) has a rounder stem.

ry6amegy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: