• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rounding out my Permanent Collection

Yeah, best practice these days is to upload directly here. OB's made several changes over the past couple of years that encourage shifting to that practice, such as removing limitations on uploads by non-premium members, IIRC.

There now is some process in place that will automatically download and save a local copy of linked images after a period of time. This is to allow historical content of threads to remain relevant, if the link breaks or expires eventually.

And as far as storage space is concerned, there is some other automatic process that will convert the high-res / large-file size images into something smaller and web-friendly after some period of time, saving space.

I've verified both methods, went back to posts I made early on with linked images and now they are local copies. And went back to uploads I made some time ago and resaved a local copy from the webpage, the file was much smaller than the original upload.

Pics really enhance this site; people should share as many as they care to with no worries...

Yeah, best practice these days is to upload directly here. OB's made several changes over the past couple of years that encourage shifting to that practice, such as removing limitations on uploads by non-premium members, IIRC.

There now is some process in place that will automatically download and save a local copy of linked images after a period of time. This is to allow historical content of threads to remain relevant, if the link breaks or expires eventually.

And as far as storage space is concerned, there is some other automatic process that will convert the high-res / large-file size images into something smaller and web-friendly after some period of time, saving space.

I've verified both methods, went back to posts I made early on with linked images and now they are local copies. And went back to uploads I made some time ago and resaved a local copy from the webpage, the file was much smaller than the original upload.

Pics really enhance this site; people should share as many as they care to with no worries...

I think I know what you mean by the local copies. I've clicked on the "ADVANCED" options tab before just to see there are copies of my pics with the "thumbnail or image" button options. This is what you're referring to I'm assuming?

Thing is, last week, I noticed those copies to be replaced by solid colored images (black, brown, red etc). In other words the tiny image representing those copies no longer displayed the pic, but just solid colors.

Any idea how/why this happens?

Thing is, last week, I noticed those copies to be replaced by solid colored images (black, brown, red etc). In other words the tiny image representing those copies no longer displayed the pic, but just solid colors.

Any idea how/why this happens?

No I haven't seen that before. Sounds like a bug somewhere.

(continued from OP)

X-serial X-metal/Ruby Juliet (daily wear)

X4.JPG

X1.JPG
X2.JPG

X3.JPG
X5.JPG
X6.JPG

Last edited: