• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rounding out my Permanent Collection

Can anyone explain the "proper" way to upload pics? This is the second time where all of my uploaded pics were completely wiped out inexplicably.

I simply just click the "Insert Image" icon and put in the URL for the picture stored on a host site. Is there a better way of uploading pics so that they don't get erased mysteriously?

Thanks

David

Can anyone explain the "proper" way to upload pics? This is the second time where all of my uploaded pics were completely wiped out inexplicably.

I simply just click the "Insert Image" icon and put in the URL for the picture stored on a host site. Is there a better way of uploading pics so that they don't get erased mysteriously?

Thanks

David
Every time that I have linked threads to pics stored on hosting sites the links get broken. It usually seems to happen when Boss does site upgrades/maintenence.
The best way - though not necessarily easier - is to use the "upload a file" button and add each pic that way. I think it limits you to 20 or so pics per post.
I had some issues with this in the past and that was Boss' recommendation. You would think that he would rather have the pics hosted elsewhere and image hot-linked keeping server storage down, but those links seem to be broken easily.
Happy Hump Day buddy!

Every time that I have linked threads to pics stored on hosting sites the links get broken. It usually seems to happen when Boss does site upgrades/maintenence.
The best way - though not necessarily easier - is to use the "upload a file" button and add each pic that way. I think it limits you to 20 or so pics per post.
I had some issues with this in the past and that was Boss' recommendation. You would think that he would rather have the pics hosted elsewhere and image hot-linked keeping server storage down, but those links seem to be broken easily.
Happy Hump Day buddy!

Thanks brother for taking the time to explain. Yeah I totally agree with you about the hosting rather than eating up server space. But it is what it is. I'll try that. Thanks and Happy Turkey Day to you and your family!

David

From Boss a year ago:
It is because they are being linked to albums, and not uploaded as attachments on the post. I am working on a fix, but currently the site converts externally hosted images to be hosted here. For some reason there is an issue with user album photos, however this also isn't the intended use of albums. I will keep you updated on a fix, but for the immediate future I would use the "Upload a File" button the add photos.