• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Scalpel Replacement Lenses

SBahjigowitz

Oakley Beginner
Have 7 year old Scalpels (Livestrong & Ducati) with scratched up black iridium, non-polarized. Not a fan of polarized.

My understanding is that they no longer make Oakley Scalpel replacement lenses. What are the aftermarket options?

So, after reading a thread here from 2016 I'm considering Seek lenses.

Any updated opinions?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have 7 year old Scalpels (Livestrong & Ducati) with scratched up black iridium, non-polarized. Not a fan of polarized.

My understanding is that Oakley no longer makes replacement lenses for Scalpel.

Any 2017 updates or opinions?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum

After you meet the exchange requirements you can contact @Chris A Hardaway

My understanding is that Oakley no longer makes replacement lenses for Scalpel.

Any 2017 updates or opinions?

Thanks.

Hey SB, I'm also a Scalpel owner and was quite upset when O-Vault website went away right before I was about to replace my lenses. A favorite of mine behind my newfound X-metal fever.
(Still a little mad that went away...:mad-35: I had picked up several "less popular" or "closeout" pairs there that I love dearly)

Anyway, I've asked @Chris A Hardaway the same question and he's agreed that OEM Scalpels are tough to come by. A few pop up here and there in the Exchange on the forum here and you'll know they're likely in better shape (hopefully). The 'bay rarely has just lenses, but usually has a few complete pairs - typically very used. Scalpels use a larger lens, which makes them difficult to get the right donor FOR them, but they are excellent to use AS a donor to several X-metals. AFAIK, that is where a lot of the last Scalpel stock went near the end of all things. (If I only knew at the time, I'd have stockpiled for future X-metal goals) The largest web retailer from A to Z ran out of what OEM stock about a year or more ago. Still, Chris is your guy and would know all the deets on that.

I was impatient to replace my BIP lenses - after someone I let borrow them decided to store them in a drawer next to keys and other things - with some from Revant's HC3 Elite lineup. I'll say I've been pleasantly surprised with those lenses. I won't get into too much detail since there are a plethora of other threads with several reading hours of very quality information and reviews from several forum members. IMO, you can't beat OEM, but the Revant's I haven't let me down yet, although are my backup beater pair, so haven't seen action in a month or two. My dad loves wearing them when he's at my place or we're out and about. Started making him wear real shades since it pains me to see him look like he's sending a fax to Cleveland all day in public on a sunny day.

Beating the dead horse by saying this, but the search tool is your friend.
Good luck, bro. If you find some solid replacement lenses, either buy them all up or give me a holler! :drinks:

And welcome to the forum; *new member here as well!

*constantly creeped through the threads for years and finally sacked up

Hey SB, I'm also a Scalpel owner and was quite upset when O-Vault website went away right before I was about to replace my lenses. A favorite of mine behind my newfound X-metal fever.
(Still a little mad that went away...:mad-35: I had picked up several "less popular" or "closeout" pairs there that I love dearly)

Anyway, I've asked @Chris A Hardaway the same question and he's agreed that OEM Scalpels are tough to come by. A few pop up here and there in the Exchange on the forum here and you'll know they're likely in better shape (hopefully). The 'bay rarely has just lenses, but usually has a few complete pairs - typically very used. Scalpels use a larger lens, which makes them difficult to get the right donor FOR them, but they are excellent to use AS a donor to several X-metals. AFAIK, that is where a lot of the last Scalpel stock went near the end of all things. (If I only knew at the time, I'd have stockpiled for future X-metal goals) The largest web retailer from A to Z ran out of what OEM stock about a year or more ago. Still, Chris is your guy and would know all the deets on that.

I was impatient to replace my BIP lenses - after someone I let borrow them decided to store them in a drawer next to keys and other things - with some from Revant's HC3 Elite lineup. I'll say I've been pleasantly surprised with those lenses. I won't get into too much detail since there are a plethora of other threads with several reading hours of very quality information and reviews from several forum members. IMO, you can't beat OEM, but the Revant's I haven't let me down yet, although are my backup beater pair, so haven't seen action in a month or two. My dad loves wearing them when he's at my place or we're out and about. Started making him wear real shades since it pains me to see him look like he's sending a fax to Cleveland all day in public on a sunny day.

Beating the dead horse by saying this, but the search tool is your friend.
Good luck, bro. If you find some solid replacement lenses, either buy them all up or give me a holler! :drinks:

And welcome to the forum; *new member here as well!

*constantly creeped through the threads for years and finally sacked up

Thanks for the thorough reply Xformer. I'm sort of in a bind so I'm going to try the Revant & Seek basic non-polarized black and see how that goes.

Hey Xformr, forgot to mention that new Scalpels from international sellers are still available on eBay. Specifically, the LOCOG series from the London Olympics. They have blue accents and look really cool.

Hey Xformr, forgot to mention that new Scalpels from international sellers are still available on eBay. Specifically, the LOCOG series from the London Olympics. They have blue accents and look really cool.

Thanks for the heads up! If you do go aftermarket, just be aware there are some fitment issues for several lenses. Not sure of specifics, but the lenses have weird thickness inconsistencies. (yeah, yeah, another reason to hunt for oem.) I did not have that issue. with my rogue green HC3 Elite lenses. Fit like a glove, but that's my only set of aftermarket and can't speak in facts regarding non-pol or regular Pol.

I suggest to get Ikon or Revant HC3 Elite lenses. They are both on par with OEM. They have the same thickness, are tapered corrected (think XYZ). I've tried both and they are impressive, but again you can't 100% beat OEM but these are the closest I have gotten. I'm up to 6 pairs of Scalpels now and the lense are really hard to come by but if you are patient you can snag what you are looking for. I hate to see when the go up for sale here to be chopped for X-Metals! Welcome and good luck!

Latest Posts

Back