• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

School me on Juliet's

C.Wied

Oakley Expert
I'm looking to gain more knowledge on Oakley products in general, but in particular I have a soft spot for Juliet's.

The pair I last had were Carbon / Black Iridium.

I want to know more about these: when the X-Metal line began, special and limited editions of Juliet's. So far I've heard about Ti02's, Infinite Hero, Ichiro, X-Men edition, and I'm sure there are many others. I'd love for somebody to impart some of their wisdom on me so I can decide on my next pair of Juliet's.

Hey Batwolf,

I was looking at that second link you posted and saw that the X-Metal was a mix of 5 materials, mostly Titanium. I knew it was a mix of several materials and know it was mostly Titanium, but I remember hearing somewhere that it was a mix of 25 different materials. I'm gonna go with the source itself and trust that it's 5 different materials. But I want to know, other than Titanium, what else is in the mix?

I also did some reading on the first link posted, and it says the X-Metal is a blend of 25 metals. Maybe the Juliet's have a different blend? I'm not sure. What's with the discrepancy?

I believe it's a mix of 5 metals, mostly titanium but I don't think Dann is ever wrong. Could just be a typo though.

Trust me, O-Review is the best source of info around. Do some studying.

I believe it's a mix of 5 metals, mostly titanium but I don't think Dann is ever wrong. Could just be a typo though.

Trust me, O-Review is the best source of info around. Do some studying.

Thanks Batwolf, I'm doing a lot of reading!

The juliet is made of a titanium alloy that contains 25 seperate parts, takes 3 weeks to make, and is handled by 75 pairs of hands from production to finish. Flex couplers and temple shocks, like human joints, allow the rigid titanium frame to move under stress and for fitment for a variety of facial structures. The finishes are polished, carbon, plasma, and X-Metal which is the material in it's raw, unfinished form.

25 metals is INCORRECT. it is a misinterpretation of the Description on oakley.com about the juliets. juliets consists of 25 PARTS. the actual alloy is a secret and not disclosed to the public.

Thanks for clarifying that. I think the 25-blend thing is a common mixup. I hear it all the time and that's what I've read mostly.

Back