• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping internationally

Shipping to usa from Australia and vice versa is pretty straightforward. It costs to receive about 50usd unless you want it to arrive after 6 months. I've also never had any customs issues with declared value. I personally would never pay f&f unless I've dealt with the person before. Sending to usa pretty good as well from here but I recommend the more expensive option as for an extra $20 it will arrive in 10 days rather than a couple months
Well, if I did pay $1000 for a PB1 Tron and it was declared for $1000 I would have to pay about $300 in custom fees 😳😳😳 That’s why I don’t buy from feebay on expensive stuff. Plus the OF has great trusting members like yourself😉

I understand that. The issue is those not wanting to pay the extra.
I personally would rather pay for speedy shipping than rely on free shipping provided by the seller. PayPal has been very bitchy lately holding people's funds its becoming more attractive to take a bit less cash and to not ship overseas. Too much of a headache for alot of people

Well, if I did pay $1000 for a PB1 Tron and it was declared for $1000 I would have to pay about $300 in custom fees 😳😳😳 That’s why I don’t buy from feebay on expensive stuff. Plus the OF has great trusting members like yourself😉
I've had many a good buy from people on forum but I must admit most of the time I sell on eBay. Or fb market within my own collector group Mainly because the stuff i sell is worth peanuts and I get free listing so I only pay $1 max fees on anything I sell on eBay quite often and it's just so easy

*IF* I decide to sell something and ship it overseas, I will make it very clear that I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ONCE IT LEAVES MY HAND...

screw overseas shipping - nothing is that important where I have to deal with garbage after I sell something...

Sorry Bro. I should have read this before suggesting a Mars on feebay.

When I buy from anywhere I want the item fully declared on customs declaration and fully declared value for shipping so that I’m covered with insurance. Yes it costs more but not everyone had a issue with that!

I don’t look at items listed in the us unless I’m prepared to pay for everything. Insured for sending and customs tax my end.

So other than an extra form at the post office it’s not a big issue.
i do accept its a pita if a parcel goes awol as its the sender who has the contract and has to claim, but if the buyers paid for everything it shouldn’t be an issue.

The us guys have to realise as a us company the us guys probably have acces easier to the best items so of course non us guys want to buy stuff occasionally. We are all fans.

At the end of the day everyone does what they want and that’s fine some people will never sell internationally and some will pick and chose. It’s all good.

Ive had some excellent buys from us including a $1400 item ,my feedback should be higher but not everyone leaves feedback 😕.

The only thing that boils my pizz is people who list will not ship international but you see they’re happy to buy from abroad, bit of an unfair one way street that? But again everyones choice is fine. It works both ways and like cacatman I like lists 😃

Recently agreed $50 shipping with seller, on sending it cost $68 so as per our agreement I forwarded the extra. Not big amount but the deal was straight.

Last edited:
I have joined this forum for a month now and just received my first purchase from US to Australia. It took 8 days!
I love this forum now---so who's got produce that wants to offload to me in Australia??

Spc369 made a very valid point--"The only thing that boils my pizz is people who list will not ship international but you see they’re happy to buy from abroad, bit of an unfair one way street that? But again everyones choice is fine. It works both ways and like cacatman I like lists"​

If I sell something overseas I always tell the buyer that they have to agree to take responsibility for the package once it gets scanned accepted at post office. If they don’t agree I move on. I know they could still file claim with PayPal but I would at least have proof that they agreed to take responsibility. I have a package stuck in Miami customs right now that has been there a month. Also you can’t insure a first class package if shipping international. So yes there is a big $ difference in the cost for shipping. The package I shipped is a set of blue Dillons for an R1. Cost for shipping was $15.00. To ship priority was $40.00 plus any insurance. Like Hog said above you can’t claim a $25.00 value on item them insure it for $300.00.