• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I go X Metal with Used Polished Juliets?

So, I picked them up today. First impressions, lenses are crap, I don't understand how could someone trash the lenses so hard and have a quite nice frame... Frame is in an amazing condition, only one small ding on top of the left orbital, and the common scratches that come with a polished frame. Rubbers are ok, they will be boiled (don't want any previous owner dna) I'll get replacements later on. Nose is a little loose but still wearable, will be sending it for service soon. Now I've switched the lenses for my spare Linegear red mirror and it looks quite good, so I'll wear these for a little while and see how they grow on me, I'm sure I dont want the polished finish, but I'm either thinking Xmetal or Matte Black.

Ps. If I do choose the XM finish,I'll ask if someone would like to trade their XM for this Polished version, hammerstems are cool, but barely visible while wearing them, plus I dont want to destroy such a nice specimen

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

X metal hammerstem pairs are reasonably few and far between. If you can't find a trade refinishing them is the other option. Probably worth the same or a bit more as an xm hammerstem juliet to some.

I got xmetal finish Juliet and hammer xmetal juliet . But hammer is not for trade unless something super sweet ;)
So there were OEM juliet xmetal with hammerstems? Or is yours a custom? If they are as precious as everyone is saying, then I might definitely keep it and switch it to XMetal finish

Back