• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show me your Mars/Craters !

Think positive vibes for me all. I have a Mars Jordan coming from over seas that's been MIA since Sunday. I had many plans for it and paid too darned much to have DHL misplace it so far.

She's pretty beat up but it was a cool project for me. I hope they show up. 🙏 praying to the mars Gods out there.
IMG-20220104-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220104-WA0004.jpg

Think positive vibes for me all. I have a Mars Jordan coming from over seas that's been MIA since Sunday. I had many plans for it and paid too darned much to have DHL misplace it so far.

She's pretty beat up but it was a cool project for me. I hope they show up. 🙏 praying to the mars Gods out there. View attachment 930792View attachment 930793
They will show up soon!
Using dumb old usps I sent something across the USA (like I do every day) and it never even showed picked up! No scans. Normally they get scanned 3 or 4 times in various stops across the USA. This time nothing for 8 days. Then "out for delivery".
You got this!

Is that a Larry redo?
No I haven't gotten them yet unfortunately. This pair is inbound to me after I purchased them from a friend.
They will show up soon!
Using dumb old usps I sent something across the USA (like I do every day) and it never even showed picked up! No scans. Normally they get scanned 3 or 4 times in various stops across the USA. This time nothing for 8 days. Then "out for delivery".
You got this!

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence brother. I've spent a crap ton of time looking at the moment of the package and chatting with representatives on the phone. I was really excited the night before last to see it catch a scan. So finally it moved. It was a George Castanza moment. Lol. The unfortunate part of what scan is took is that the Canadian customs border authorities have taken it aside for further inspection. From what I've been told and what I've read that means they are suspicious about how it was declared or what is the nature of what going on inside the package. Normally you'd think it would be a quick process but I've been told customs are extremely slow and there is always a reason why they seize something. I figure it's been declared too low. I did ask my friend to declare them quite a bit higher than he did but he declared them the way he did. Basically the value of the contents declared is lower than the shipping costs coming out of a south American country. It just sends up red flags. The hope is that once they open the package and deem they are either safe or otherwise ok to enter. They may assess them under their own estimated cost and bill me more taxes. Which is fine but unfortunately that process can take up to a month. The good news is that if they won't let them through they should be returned to sender. Apparently e-commerce DHL has a tendency to have problem packages returned. That's the hope anyway. I don't want a refund from my friend I just want the glasses. I paid too much but it was worth it to me to have another project crater frame. Anyway what I need to do now is wait and stop checking the damn tracking information all the time. It's driving me crazy. I should just relax and see what happens. Unfortunately my brain doesn't always work that way. Again RJ thank u for the vote of confidence. I'll keep u all informed as to what happens. 850 is a lot of money but there are worse things that can happen in the world. I need to chill. Lol

Its not DHL's fault from what I understand at this point but the weird part is that normally it doesn't take this long. Something is wrong at any rate. At least it's not lost and someone has it. Funny part too. It's only like a 35 minute drive from my house to where it is. I've offered to come get them or at least speak to the Canadian customs department in person but they won't allow that at this point.

Last edited:
I've had in the past empty boxes come to my doorstep with nothing inside them... It's people trying to rip me off......
That definitely isn't the case in this one but I can only imagine what you've seen throughout your time in the oakley world. I've had a few that have tried similar things with me too. However with this one here it's just Canada customs that's being evil. I've had the US customs give me problems in the past but not often coming into the country. A few years ago However I bought a few pairs from a friend here on the forum. He used FedEx and unfortunately he declared them at 1 dollar. That throws up huge flags right away. Especially if it's declared as merchandise. I ended up having to go into the border security office at the Toronto Airport and explain exactly what was in the package and its true value. They then contacted the shipper friend of mine and asked his story. Basically we both needed to line up our stories straight before they released them. My hope is that something similar will happen to these. Rather than heading back to the country of origin. Just delays at this point I'm hoping. I'm starting to feel more myself today instead of the last few freaking out about it. Before it's even lost. It's just how my brain works sometimes. I worry far to much about trival things. Regardless it's just money and it'll work itself out However it's going to work out. Lol.

No I haven't gotten them yet unfortunately. This pair is inbound to me after I purchased them from a friend.

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence brother. I've spent a crap ton of time looking at the moment of the package and chatting with representatives on the phone. I was really excited the night before last to see it catch a scan. So finally it moved. It was a George Castanza moment. Lol. The unfortunate part of what scan is took is that the Canadian customs border authorities have taken it aside for further inspection. From what I've been told and what I've read that means they are suspicious about how it was declared or what is the nature of what going on inside the package. Normally you'd think it would be a quick process but I've been told customs are extremely slow and there is always a reason why they seize something. I figure it's been declared too low. I did ask my friend to declare them quite a bit higher than he did but he declared them the way he did. Basically the value of the contents declared is lower than the shipping costs coming out of a south American country. It just sends up red flags. The hope is that once they open the package and deem they are either safe or otherwise ok to enter. They may assess them under their own estimated cost and bill me more taxes. Which is fine but unfortunately that process can take up to a month. The good news is that if they won't let them through they should be returned to sender. Apparently e-commerce DHL has a tendency to have problem packages returned. That's the hope anyway. I don't want a refund from my friend I just want the glasses. I paid too much but it was worth it to me to have another project crater frame. Anyway what I need to do now is wait and stop checking the damn tracking information all the time. It's driving me crazy. I should just relax and see what happens. Unfortunately my brain doesn't always work that way. Again RJ thank u for the vote of confidence. I'll keep u all informed as to what happens. 850 is a lot of money but there are worse things that can happen in the world. I need to chill. Lol

Its not DHL's fault from what I understand at this point but the weird part is that normally it doesn't take this long. Something is wrong at any rate. At least it's not lost and someone has it. Funny part too. It's only like a 35 minute drive from my house to where it is. I've offered to come get them or at least speak to the Canadian customs department in person but they won't allow that at this point.
I had a similar thing here in the UK Brian. I had a package dispatched the 8th of December. It tracked that it had left Heathrow on the 18th as the next port of call after that is the distribution centre/Customs hub. I, Like yourself get anxious with valuable stuff out there in the Ether so like you, I didn't bother with it initially for about a week. It then didn't update until the 6th of Jan. It eventually arrived 2 days ago so 34 days in total. So stressed about it... 😩

I had a similar thing here in the UK Brian. I had a package dispatched the 8th of December. It tracked that it had left Heathrow on the 18th as the next port of call after that is the distribution centre/Customs hub. I, Like yourself get anxious with valuable stuff out there in the Ether so like you, I didn't bother with it initially for about a week. It then didn't update until the 6th of Jan. It eventually arrived 2 days ago so 34 days in total. So stressed about it... 😩
I had a package take 6 or 8 weeks to the Philippines about 6 months ago. The refund button was locked and loaded. But as a seller I knew it wasn't my fault. So the nerves were definitely fired up.

Big update all. They arrived safe and sound. Canada customs had it long enough, opened It, tested it for drugs, were confused by it and then charged me another 8 dollars in tax. Super Bizzare. Regardless though. They are safe and sound. I already started working on them last night as I couldn't sleep again. 🙃. My plan is well. I don't know yet. Something really cool and also it'll have hammer stems. I may even try my luck and wrapping them in black leather myself. I had no choice but to strip them. The couplers were completely gone. Shame though. I'd have probably used them The way they were if I could wear em. The unfortunate part about Jordan's is that if they are dead flex coupler wise there's no way of saving the leather without damaging it beyond recognition. Anyway. I'll make em Purdy again 🤪 . They are beautiful in my opinion. Even now.
20220119_114600.jpg
20220119_114554.jpg
20220119_114549.jpg

Big update all. They arrived safe and sound. Canada customs had it long enough, opened It, tested it for drugs, were confused by it and then charged me another 8 dollars in tax. Super Bizzare. Regardless though. They are safe and sound. I already started working on them last night as I couldn't sleep again. 🙃. My plan is well. I don't know yet. Something really cool and also it'll have hammer stems. I may even try my luck and wrapping them in black leather myself. I had no choice but to strip them. The couplers were completely gone. Shame though. I'd have probably used them The way they were if I could wear em. The unfortunate part about Jordan's is that if they are dead flex coupler wise there's no way of saving the leather without damaging it beyond recognition. Anyway. I'll make em Purdy again 🤪 . They are beautiful in my opinion. Even now. View attachment 932381View attachment 932382View attachment 932383
If you moisturize the leather and cut the threads, it won’t come off in one piece?

Edit: And congrats, glad they made it!