• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

E-Mtb's ruin the work that trail builders put blood sweat and tears into.

It allows less skilled and/or lazy riders (pedaling under your own power is for chumps!) to get in over their heads

Adding not only additional maintenance, but often requiring the trail(s) to be reworked to mitigate future damage.

It also adds strain on the extraction teams that have to haul broken bodies that were riding above their means, where if they were on a human powered bike..... they likely wouldn't have gotten in that situation in the first place.

This is a bike thread.

A separate e-bike thread would be more suited than just ruining this great one trying to defend anything 'e'
I understand where you're coming from, up until now eMTBs just repurposed high power commuter motors, I agree that they aren't suited to mountain bike trails. But the new generation of low power bikes don't have the same impact on the trails, they just enable people to ride further and enjoy the climbs more. They're a really positive evolution of mountain bikes.

Again, we can argue this into the grou d

Those lower speed e-bikes can be hacked.
I've hacked 3 friends bikes (all road e-bikes, but mtb offerings are same)

If you want to debate e-bike things, start a new thread.

Back to proper bicycles.....
7fd75141b3bf968ca2b738e44ba1f633.jpg

Again, we can argue this into the grou d

Those lower speed e-bikes can be hacked.
I've hacked 3 friends bikes (all road e-bikes, but mtb offerings are same)

If you want to debate e-bike things, start a new thread.

Back to proper bicycles.....View attachment 1031845
I want to like fat bikes. I have no problem riding them. I have done parking lot pedals. They just seem weird

Back