• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

DynoCompe.jpg

1998 Dyno Compe.

FF0B3C19-3CB9-41E8-8120-C0CD64DE0F14.jpeg

26 years, 57 pounds later, figured it's time to pull this old girl out of the rafters and go back to the beginning. Don't think I can even push any of my other bikes up the hill let alone ride them. Hopefully I'll be able to bend over far enough to tie my shoes tomorrow.
1997 Kona Hahanna
Retina Burn Jawbone w/trail

View attachment 1041477
26 years, 57 pounds later, figured it's time to pull this old girl out of the rafters and go back to the beginning. Don't think I can even push any of my other bikes up the hill let alone ride them. Hopefully I'll be able to bend over far enough to tie my shoes tomorrow.
1997 Kona Hahanna
Retina Burn Jawbone w/trail
Go to Amazon, search dropper seat post. Get a cheap one. You will thank me later. A seat that high will help you sing alto.

Go to Amazon, search dropper seat post. Get a cheap one. You will thank me later. A seat that high will help you sing alto.
😝 yeah, when I was building myself up to get started again I briefly looked into dropper posts, seems like a 27.2 is tough to come by for these old frames, at least where I was looking. The frames probably an inch small, and I'm going up a fairly steep hill so it's jacked up an extra inch or so to save my old knees. Ran into a group of young guys on carbon 29ers, two comments were: is that really a rigid??, and look how crazy small the cassettes used to be. God damn eh. Still got me up and down ok. I'll look again for a 27.2.

😝 yeah, when I was building myself up to get started again I briefly looked into dropper posts, seems like a 27.2 is tough to come by for these old frames, at least where I was looking. The frames probably an inch small, and I'm going up a fairly steep hill so it's jacked up an extra inch or so to save my old knees. Ran into a group of young guys on carbon 29ers, two comments were: is that really a rigid??, and look how crazy small the cassettes used to be. God damn eh. Still got me up and down ok. I'll look again for a 27.2.
The 1x gear sets have a crazy large ring on the cassette. I would not want to go back to a 3x set up. But I will NOT go back to a non dropper post. That's vital at this point.

Back