• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Snow Day!!!

View attachment 936398
I love snow days!!!! A foot is awesome. Great day to stay in bed, eat food and watch movies. Good for you.

But, despite getting 10.1 inches yesterday, had to work. I took a lunch break with the kids. Built a snow ramp, inflated some inner tubes. Aww yeah.

Snow days from previous years, 2020 and 2021. My older son and I slept in the 2021 igloo overnight!
View attachment 936399View attachment 936400
That’s awesome!! We finally ventured out slightly today. I’m sure my daughter will want to build something tomorrow. Lucky us we have had time off of work.

Snow is epic, would happily take a couple of feet more of it any day.
DSC_0411.JPG

View attachment 936398
I love snow days!!!! A foot is awesome. Great day to stay in bed, eat food and watch movies. Good for you.

But, despite getting 10.1 inches yesterday, had to work. I took a lunch break with the kids. Built a snow ramp, inflated some inner tubes. Aww yeah.

Snow days from previous years, 2020 and 2021. My older son and I slept in the 2021 igloo overnight!
View attachment 936399View attachment 936400
I heard up slope-ish, no snow in the mountains that day

he is a daredevil and knows how to drive. Don't need that traction control BS. Just don't do any rapid moves, pump your breaks lightly ( Fück that anti lock crap). You are fine. 4 wheel drive only means 4 wheels slide.
Cali drivers are THE WORST when it comes to any weather but sun.
ABS only kicks in when you haven't pumped lightly enough, but in many cases traction control prevents you from powering through slides. If you are used to snow and ABS they're still good. Up here a course in driving on ice/snow is mandatory before you get your licence :D

On some cars you have a snow setting or you can set it up to allow drifting through turns. 4WD and snow tires/studded tires let you drive with control a lot faster both on and off a track. Anyone who has the chance should try a rally car on snow at least once in their life ;) Old rear wheel drive Porsche is fun on snow, but a modern 4WD sports car just blows it away..

Back