• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold SOLD! $25 Unidentified jacket? lenses + case

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

So my parents found this case with lenses at a yard sale for $1 and asked if I could sell it. The problem is, I can't identify what frame the lenses go to. I am about 80% sure they go to a pair of Split Jackets based on the size of the case and the lenses as well as the cutout, but not 100% sure. The lenses appear to be VR28 non-polarized lenses and don't appear to have been worn but they do look like they've been handled and have some minor pinpoint marks on them. I would rate them a 9/10 just for the minor pinpoint marks. Including lenses and case. If someone can identify the frame the lenses go to, that would be helpful. $25 shipped. Thanks for looking!

IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

Some people reacted to this post.
Racing jacket or jawbone it looks like.

pm'ed

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the help! They do appear to be Racing Jacket lenses more than Jawbones.

Split Jacket lenses have different looking vents. Your lenses are Jawbone/Racing Jacket lenses. Hard to tell from the pics, but the case does look a bit small to fit a Jawbone.

Username Hidden said:
Split Jacket lenses have different looking vents. Your lenses are Jawbone/Racing Jacket lenses. Hard to tell from the pics, but the case does look a bit small to fit a Jawbone.

View attachment 641052
Correct.
I received a Jawbone pair in one of those cases, and they fit if placed upside down with the bridge laying in the recessed foam.
Right side up they don't fit flush, but rather tilted forward causing the lenses in the frame to rub against any lenses in the front slots. I believe it's intended for the Flak/Fast Jacket style frames.

Username Hidden said:
Look at you. Being all socal! I'm so proud of you!! Now get back to work making the best customs around!!

Username Hidden said:
Look at you. Being all socal! I'm so proud of you!! Now get back to work making the best customs around!!
I'll go back into my hidey hole now and paint.

Username Hidden said:
I'll go back into my hidey hole now and paint.

Patiently being impatient for what you're creating for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.