• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SpecialAdvisor’s Mad Labs - Mars Leather Mods Plus

Only had a short bit of time to tinker with these. Got them disassembled and a first go at clearing the lugs. One more go and the lugs should be ready for some paint. Going to try Krylon Sea Glass Amber on at least one of em.

No clue on the paint schemes yet…(who am I kidding? 🪖) still gotta sort out stripping or sanding the existing finishes.

Really cool color on the goldish-tan nose pads from the silver-gold pair.

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

So nobody buying into my “Brotherhood of the Oak” patch idea aye? 😏

Well…prototypes have arrived. Black OPS (picture does not do the Black OPS version justice) and Natural Oiled Leather.

Need to do a full Oakley Black OPS Cap for myself with a matching pair of Cerakote Dark Carbon Valve 1.0s 🤔

View attachment 1123745

Guess I’ll keep one “Brotherhood of the Oak” prototype patch for my collection and offer the other as a SWAG gift to @jamin jannard. I just need to find his Operator Cap preference…Black, OD, or Desert Sand? 🪖👍

IMG_2686.jpeg

Back at HQ for a bit. See if I can make some headway on my fifty or so running projects 😏

M-Experiment leather patch was a pain as there were no clear high res logo images I could find. Had to make do with a photo from the box. Meh. Too much post processing was needed. It’s on the Ultimaker now. We shall see!

Still dismantling, stripping, and clearing Valve 1.0 frames and lugs. Valve 1.0 Lug Lollipops? 😜

Lacquer thinner still not making this as easy a process as I’d hope. Need to get that new compressor ASAP for the mini-sand blaster.

Oh yeah…full set of Wera Drivers. I hear they are the best. Handy to have the interchangeable bits and not a pile of drivers.

🪖👍

m-experiment 001.jpeg

m-experiment logo stamp 001.png

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

Back