• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spotting Fake Twenty XX's

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
How can I spot fake Twentys without seeing them? Any telltale things to look for?

Spotting fakes without seeing them?
Like, by touch or something?

A blindfold test. Who could pass that?
:wink:

JK mate. Someone will have a sensible answer in a minute.

How about the "XX" between the pads? Or has that become commonplace on fakes too?

Oakley should be printed on the bridge, but that's not always a given (Splice is a good example of that, some have it, some don't). Ear socks should fit very well, they should not be loose.

Im going to revive this because I have a question on Gen 1 XXs. On the bridge between the pads I have seen them with just XX and XX with twenty spelled out over the XX, are both good? If so what is the difference? Earlier production date?

I wanted to bump this thread as I had the same question as above. Was cruising the 'bay and spotted a pair that only had the XX logo on the inside of the nose, while mine have "T W E N T Y" in really tiny letters over the "XX".

I have three pairs... Two vintage FMJ and one Vault Classics (modern revival). All bought from an O store...
The design on them are uniform...

I've seen some fakes... They usually don't have nosebombs and the icons are cheaply molded into the arm like first gen Eye Jackets.

The XX Twenty (old style) should have just the XX inside the nosebridge (no Twenty), nosebombs, Oakley printed on the front of the nosebridge, earsocks should fit tight, and the Icons are seperate from the arm and with smooth edges.

I hope that helps...

got my first pair from the sunglass hut around 2000, those had the "XX" with the "twenty" spelled out on top of the "XX." i to was surprised when i recently got back to searching for some on ebay when i saw ones with only "XX." i don't know, but my original ones had both the "twenty" and "XX" and i got them direct from the sunglass hut.

Latest Posts

Back