• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire Lenses and or frame refinishing?

axelf63

Oakley Beginner
Michigan
Evening all, hope all is well with everyone on the board.

Hoping for some advise please.

Have an original pair of Square Wires purchased thru Oakley SI around 2008 or so. I "believe" they are Square Wires 2.0. and on the inside of the right stem only says: "Square Wire CE T"

These are my daily go to wearing pair...they have been used a lot and seen a lot of travel...the frames are scratched up a lot and the lenses have been replaced already once (main that hurts if they slide off your head and hit the concrete...crete is not nice to lenses).

What might be your thoughts to refinishing the frames? Would it be worth it since these are not a higher end style of Oaks? Is it possible?

Also lenses seem to have become difficult to find for this set of frames...and I am being told there are some variations?

Anyone able to give some suggestions regarding replacement lenses?

Always appreciate the input from the board! :drinks:

No there is absolutely nothing.

I have been asked for numbers before, and have looked over these with a fine tooth comb.

When I originally sent Oakley SI an email, the only info. I could provide them was what is on the right ear stem and listed above.

20180305_230605.jpg 20180305_230609.jpg 20180305_230701.jpg 20180305_230712.jpg 20180305_233852.jpg

Here are some pix...as you can see the frames are worn...have had them quite a while...certainly cant say haven't gotten my use and value out of these...OMG. I know a lot of people including the better half simply grab a pair of $5 cheapos while we travel, if she breaks them or looses them, oh well...

I like nicer things and take care of them...my eyes see or feel the quality difference.

I checked once more for any numbers on the frames (short of pulling the unobtanium earstems off) but don't think it should be under there should it? The only markings is on the inside of the right stem as you can see.

Square Wire T CE

I am in the same boat...they are 2.0 more than likely...I will know for sure on Thursday at some point and let you know...

Yep. And I have a brand new mint condition pair for sale if anyone is interested.

Cement with ice

image-2.jpg

Back