• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TBII Cleaning/Polishing

weshardeniv

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ashburn, VA
What do you all use to clean/polish your TBII?

The one I purchased shows some wear on the outside part of the wrist on the band and am looking into getting it cleaned/buffed/polished etc.

Do you take it to a jeweler or diy?

First of you need to buy the following must have. Will update this post from time to time. This works for me everytime all the time but still let me be clear that your doing it at your own risk. This is a tried and tested DIY for MM bracelet links and TB2.
Things to buy.
1. 1,200 grit 3M automotive sandpaper(for deeper scratches)
2. 2k grit 3M sandpaper for superficial scratches.
3. Autosol polishing paste
4. Titanium wool steel for Tag heuer ( Can be bought in ebay)

BBDB08A4-0A80-4D09-97A5-1C8EB1B0FEC3.jpeg

I'm away again at work across Europe this week. I'll make a guide Sunday next week when I come back. Below are my old photos.

IMG_2223.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

Basically you will be using the sandpaper to get rid of the deep and superficial scratches. Just use one direction in sanding and not against the grain. After that is polishing it with an autosol paste and wiping it off with tissue paper. Once you think its flawless do the final stage with a titanium steel wool. Hope that helps! Apologies, those are my last photos taken when I had a go with it. I'll make a proper one when I come back. :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back