• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Pittsburgh Pirates Fan Page!

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated by 21st April, 2019 by cacatman

Post anything Pirates related here! Currently open for recruiting new O.F. Pirate's Fans. Uncle @Cutch22 needs YOU!!

Respectful banter welcome.

Pittsburgh_Pirates4.jpg

The Pirates
The Pittsburgh Pirates are an American professional baseball team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Pirates compete in Major League Baseball as a member club of the National League Central division.

Unfortunately, their last World Series win, was in 1979.

2019 Oakley Fan Recruitment Drive
With the help of their biggest fan and international recruiter, @Cutch22 (who became a fan because his great grandfather (who he adored) grew up there), the Pirates have aggressively expanded their fanbase and universal appeal, attracting fans from across Europe (@YakuzaFloralGangsta and @TexxxZ) and as far away as the Middle East (@cacatman).

Here's to hoping they will break the drought in 2019!

Their official page - Official Pittsburgh Pirates Website

O.F. Pirates Fan List
  1. @Cutch22
  2. @cacatman
  3. @Lwleaver
  4. @MatSteelersFan
  5. @TexxxZ
  6. @YakuzaFloralGangsta

image.png

Epilogue
This page is dedicated to one of the most generous brothers here on the forum,
the one, the only,
@Cutch22
dp-png.png

Last edited:
How about a previous Pirates fan page? I stopped being a fan in the early 90s after the Braves beat up on them in the playoffs. This actually made me become a Braves fan for quite some time while the Pirates wouldn’t record a winning season for 20+ years. I despise the ownership as they are content being a “farm” team and making their money off the profit sharing. When they got rid of McCutchen, I realize the ownership is still under the spell of profits first.
I lived in Pittsburgh during the late 2000s and went to a couple games. They have a nice stadium...and that’s all I have to say about that...(Pirates win by losing, financial documents show )
I did become a pretty avid Penguins fan during my time there as that ownership and the players are more about wanting to win and win big. I know they had an off season this year, but they will make changes and get new players (and pay for them) in order to do better next year.

And @Cutch22 is advertising he’s a Phillys fan with his username...McCutchen has played for the Pirates for over a year now.

I'm not really a baseball fan... HOWEVER, growing up in Puerto Rico (and in the same town where he was from) there is one name that you learn to almost revere and is most synonymous with our collective historic pride: #21, Roberto Clemente. (so I guess by default I am somewhat of a Pirates fan??)

fba3c01da54e4bd57f864d66c48bfa6a.jpg

I'm not really a baseball fan... HOWEVER, growing up in Puerto Rico (and in the same town where he was from) there is one name that you learn to almost revere and is most synonymous with our collective historic pride: #21, Roberto Clemente. (so I guess by default I am somewhat of a Pirates fan??)

View attachment 601679
A much better time for Pirates fans...

Back