• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Transformation

nice work as alwa,ys! makes me think that i should've just went the TiO2 route on the juliets i sent you intead of just the x-metal blast!

can't wait to get my juliets in the mail!

hey...the x-metal is no slouch either,that finish makes them as new as when they came of the assembly line.and they dont scratch as easy as the polished or plasma do

The finish

I'm curious about the flat black finish you mentioned.

Im gonna let the cat out of the bag,the finish im using is a weapons grade 2 part oven cured epoxy.you have to remove it by media blasting.no lacquer thinner will touch this stuff,no salts sweat or heat will effect it.i can make it matt or gloss in any color of the rainbow.im doing a pink Ti02 pair of jules for the wife with a dark x-metal finish on the orbs.

Im gonna let the cat out of the bag,the finish im using is a weapons grade 2 part oven cured epoxy.you have to remove it by media blasting.no lacquer thinner will touch this stuff,no salts sweat or heat will effect it.i can make it matt or gloss in any color of the rainbow.im doing a pink Ti02 pair of jules for the wife with a dark x-metal finish on the orbs.

Cool. Can u post pics when done? Can u do a gold finish like the 24k juliet?

Here is the pair I'm currently making. Mark has my Hammer frame for refinishing in satin black. My donor OO Red lenses and some blue stem rubber have arrived. Off to xmetalmaniac soon for lens cutting.

hemabu7e.jpg

Here's my donor parts...

udyge2ev.jpg

yvataje5.jpg

I gotta see a pic of that when it's done.