• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

View attachment 855986

Enjoying this quite a lot. Don’t think it will have the lifespan of a Destiny but I don’t want a game as a service, just a decent campaign to play through, maybe a bit of messing about in the end game and then move on to the next thing.

I play as a Devastator, whose role is to get up close and personal with the bad guys, where a mix of your abilities and a shotgun makes for a fun play style. Not the best for end game groups apparently but fine for solo play.
Do you need to play online for the campaign, or can you do it solo?

View attachment 855986

Enjoying this quite a lot. Don’t think it will have the lifespan of a Destiny but I don’t want a game as a service, just a decent campaign to play through, maybe a bit of messing about in the end game and then move on to the next thing.

I play as a Devastator, whose role is to get up close and personal with the bad guys, where a mix of your abilities and a shotgun makes for a fun play style. Not the best for end game groups apparently but fine for solo play.

I also am playing as a Devastator!

Been playing as a Trickster, so much fun teleporting behind a bunch of guys and cutting them down with Temporal blade. Division 2 was my previous favorite looter shooter and probably still is, but this one is fun especially with a team. There are still bugs in the co-op invite and join system and the occasional crash to the home screen but the worst has to be the sign in time. I've gotten spoiled by the Series X 5 second load time.

Do you need to play online for the campaign, or can you do it solo?
you can play solo but some of the later content is brutal solo and you'll end up doing it multiple times to get through. In co op you get a self revive and your team members can also revive you if you go down. For solo, I would go with a Devastator or Technomancer for the turrets

Lately I been crushing Switch games, Zelda-Breath of the Wild was a masterpiece. Witcher 3 is super vast, Immortals: Fenyx Rising didnt wow me. The Mario games are all awesome. Luigi’s Mansion was great! I am fortunate enough to be a child of the late 70’s so I more or less had every system and have played everything from Pitfall to God of War.

What are some of the hardest games you ever played? What is your top 5? I’d say some of the hardest were Battletoads (NES), Metal Gear (NES), Flashback: The Quest for Identity (SNES), Pilotwings (SNES), Tombraider 1 (PS1), Tonk Hawks:
Pro Skater 2 (PS1), Earthworm Jim (SNES)

My top is hard to narrow down...
In no order had to do ten LMAO
God of War Series (GOW3 if I have to pick one)
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario World
Zelda:Link to the Past
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid
GTA V
Metroid
EVO: The Quest for Eden
Diablo

Lately I been crushing Switch games, Zelda-Breath of the Wild was a masterpiece. Witcher 3 is super vast, Immortals: Fenyx Rising didnt wow me. The Mario games are all awesome. Luigi’s Mansion was great! I am fortunate enough to be a child of the late 70’s so I more or less had every system and have played everything from Pitfall to God of War.

What are some of the hardest games you ever played? What is your top 5? I’d say some of the hardest were Battletoads (NES), Metal Gear (NES), Flashback: The Quest for Identity (SNES), Pilotwings (SNES), Tombraider 1 (PS1), Tonk Hawks:
Pro Skater 2 (PS1), Earthworm Jim (SNES)

My top is hard to narrow down...
In no order had to do ten LMAO
God of War Series (GOW3 if I have to pick one)
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario World
Zelda:Link to the Past
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid
GTA V
Metroid
EVO: The Quest for Eden
Diablo
Earthworm Jim! Throw back and too much fun

Back