• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

added a few things to the gaming setup the last 2 weeks.

first thing i added was a Buttkicker gamer 2 setup. it's like controller rumble, but for your chair. feeling grenade explosions or gun recoil through your chair is pretty cool.

20210204_200315[1].jpg

second thing was a Philips Hue play light bar kit that makes ambient lights match whats happening on the screen. it's 3 bars on the back of the monitor and it connects via the Philips home wifi box. you control it with an app on windows and an app on your phone. here is a short demo vid i took of what it does during a movie, but it's even better in games.

added a few things to the gaming setup the last 2 weeks.

first thing i added was a Buttkicker gamer 2 setup. it's like controller rumble, but for your chair. feeling grenade explosions or gun recoil through your chair is pretty cool.

View attachment 835121

second thing was a Philips Hue play light bar kit that makes ambient lights match whats happening on the screen. it's 3 bars on the back of the monitor and it connects via the Philips home wifi box. you control it with an app on windows and an app on your phone. here is a short demo vid i took of what it does during a movie, but it's even better in games.

Second thing I do with a controller (after inverting the Y axis) is to disable the rumble, so not sure I’d get on with this!

New PC being delivered tomorrow, with a 3070 - my current PC is struggling hard with a below minimum spec 660 GTX on FFXIV Shadowbringers.

I finally found one today. a local reseller that I have bought new Jordan shoes from before had one. He charged me $600 which I don't think was too bad. he bought it off amazon for $450 somehow. He gave me a copy of the receipt email.

xbok.jpg

I got tired of my mouse and keyboard fighting over small desk space so I got a proper gaming desk. Having way more mouse area is a game changer since I can run a lower sensitivity in FPS games now. It has some pretty nice cable management built into it. The only cables you really see are the coiled up VR headset cable hanging from the headphone hanger on the corner of the desk and one cable near the back right leg going to the wall outlet for the powerstrip that's under the desk.

20210226_212946.jpg

20210226_163443.jpg

Picked up a corsair k63 wireless keyboard/lapboard combo to use with the Xbox series X on the couch. works pretty good with my old Logitech G903 wireless mouse I had on the shelf. you have to turn the mouse polling rate down to 125hz for consoles to make the mouse feel responsive since consoles report controllers at 125hz instead of how PC's like 500-1000hz to feel crisp. other than that it was plug and play. not every game supports mouse and key on consoles yet, but a good amount do and most should in the future. Gears Of War 5, Halo Master Chief collection, and Call Of Duty Warzone all run well.

lappy.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a corsair k63 wireless keyboard/lapboard combo to use with the Xbox series X on the couch. works pretty good with my old Logitech G903 wireless mouse I had on the shelf. you have to turn the mouse polling rate down to 125hz for consoles to make the mouse feel responsive since consoles report controllers at 125hz instead of how PC's like 500-1000hz to feel crisp. other than that it was plug and play. not every game supports mouse and key on consoles yet, but a good amount do and most should in the future. Gears Of War 5, Halo Master Chief collection, and Call Of Duty Warzone all run well.

View attachment 844260
I have a G903 on a shelf too, but unused - bought it when my MS Sidewinder X8 seemed to be giving up the ghost but that got a second wind. Don’t know how many years I’ve been using that now but it’s a lot!

Back