• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Walking Dead

I am surprised to see the phone angle this early...it doesn't show up for quite a while in the comic.

I am wondering if they are going to change up the actual meaning of it, or it's going to play out just like the comic.
Yeah, the phone story arc is post prison arc which still has a LONG ways to go for the show. The phone story arc was probably one of the most heartwrenching stories in the comic.

Yeah, the phone story arc is post prison arc which still has a LONG ways to go for the show. The phone story arc was probably one of the most heartwrenching stories in the comic.

Even though it was a post prison arc, it still has the same reason for happening. (I'm trying to say this without being a spoiler.)

Even though it was a post prison arc, it still has the same reason for happening. (I'm trying to say this without being a spoiler.)
Yeah, the reason is the same. But I really don't like how Rick is portrayed in the show current with him flying off the handle like that. In the books he always remained sane because of Carl.

The books are meant to be used very loosely as a guide to the show. They are definitely not the same but share many broad similarities. Being a comic reader and a show watcher, I must say that I much prefer the books over the show.

There are just so many things that happen in the books that would never be able to be allowed on tv.

After thinking about it some more, other than locations and some select events, there isn't much in common between the show and the books at all at this point. While some characters retain the names of those in the books, they've become pretty different to their on page persona.

Back