• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

They Call It Hip Hop...

"1-51 Rum, pineapple juice and Malibu, Caibou get them all numb"

Gotta love that Tech N9ne song!! (and drink, if gettin' FUBAR is your thing!??) lol :cool:

Oh yea. His new stuff is amazing.

Listen to:
Table and chest stress
Blur
Who do I catch
Disfunctional
Low
Ego trippin
Little pills

We saw him last November, one of the best live shows I've been too. Gonna go see him again in June up at the house of blues in Chicago.

His lyricism and rhyme ability are unmatched by any rapper today

I am very jealous that you are going to see watch the throne. It seems like an amazing concert. I watched Jay-Z live online from SXSW, pretty good concert, but I have hear amazing things about the watch the throne tour, so I am sure you will have a blast.

Yea I can't wait..the only downside is the only tickets left were seated..anytime I've been to a gig n I see people seated I think "that must be ****" lol...love bein right up to the stage..when I went to see the game we were in the front n it was awesome, felt like we were involved...not looking forward to being sat in a balcony but I'm sure it'll still be awesome.lhopefully end up at the after party...managed it 2wice so far..Kanye and game. (weren't allowed to talk to them or go anywhere near them though) lol.

HUGE rap fan (which is I admit might be a little strange for an upper-middle class white 34yr old from Birmingham, AL). I have over 1500 rap songs on my ipod. I'll feel the need to split my answers in two: before 2000 and after. As rap changed around that time from predominantly being about who you are/where you're from, to what you've got.

Before 2000 After 2000
Favourite rapper 2Pac/Eazy-E/Ice Cube/Scarface T-Rock/T.I./Wiz Khalifa
Fave producer Dr. Dre DJ Khaled/Maybach Music Group
"" group Bone Thugs/Geto Boys/UGK/N.W.A/Cypress Hill Three-6 Mafia
"" song Thuggish Ruggish Bone or Real Muthaphukkin' G's I Need a Doctor
"" remix Check Yo Self Welcome to My Hood
"" collab Bring Tha Noize featuring Anthrax Let's Roll featuring Kid Rock
"" lyric "Just rollin' looking for the one they call Eazy, but hear's the flash, they'll never seize me.." "From the front, lookin' like she got some ass probably, they say that's a sign girl, ASS-Trology!"

Lately, I've been listening to Tech N9ne, Machine Gun Kelly (who is from my hometown so i relate to him way more than people who just heard his commercial. Sucks that he's popular now. I liked listening to him by myself), Tyler The Creator, Game, Dr Dre of course, Run DMC, NWA, Kanye, JayZ, J Cole, Eminem, and Nas

Some of my favorite songs are:
Game - My Life, Martians vs. Goblins
MGK - Invincible, Cleveland, Chip off the block
Tyler The Creator - Yonkers, She, AU79, Transylvania, Goblin
Kanye/Jay-Z - HAM, Niggas in Paris, Flashing Lights, Homecoming, Just a Dream, No church in the wild, Otis, Who gon stop me, Murder to excellence, Why I love you and more but I can't think of them
Eminem - ...every fcuking song... Argue if you want but the guys early tapes and albums are his best work and he's just my favorite rapper of all time.

Froggy! you sound like my kinda guy.lol..I'm an upper middle class white 24 year old.lol...(my parents are upper middle class anyway)...love all your fave rappers except wiz..I like a lot of his songs but his lyrical capability is nothing compared to some..he certainly wouldn't come near my top 20... I spose I best roll out my list since I started the thread.lol

Rapper: #1 eminem (I'm not just being a white fanboy, em at his best is better than everybody else hands down)
# 2-10 No particular order: PAC, meth, t.i, fabolous, weezy, jigga, joe budden, nas, jadakiss
Honorable mentions: lupe fiasco, chamillionaire, Joel Ortiz, Talib kweli, big boi
Producer: #1 dr dre
#2-5 cool and dre, khaled, Kanye, Alex da kid
Group: Can't do a top 5...no particular order....slaughterhouse, btnh, mobb deep, gangstarr, clipse, ugk,
Song: Stan ( I love storytelling rap and the intelligence in this song is incredible)
Remix: You don't know..jay-z n mop...UNREAL.lol orrrr keeping it gangsta rmx..
Collab: Renegade..jay n em
Lyric: Impossible really...I could sit here all day..I'll just put one of my faves out their..inscribed on the back of my iPad...." I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man, let me handle my business, damn!

This is all off the top of my head, no doubt I'll remember things I've missed n mention them later (if the thread lives obviously)

Edit: just out of curiosity, for 10 points, can anyone tell me who came up with the line that I chose for the title of the thread, without google! Lol..

Froggy! you sound like my kinda guy.lol..I'm an upper middle class white 24 year old.lol...(my parents are upper middle class anyway)...love all your fave rappers except wiz..I like a lot of his songs but his lyrical capability is nothing compared to some..he certainly wouldn't come near my top 20... I spose I best roll out my list since I started the thread.lol

Rapper: #1 eminem (I'm not just being a white fanboy, em at his best is better than everybody else hands down)
# 2-10 No particular order: PAC, meth, t.i, fabolous, weezy, jigga, joe budden, nas, jadakiss
Honorable mentions: lupe fiasco, chamillionaire, Joel Ortiz, Talib kweli, big boi
Producer: #1 dr dre
#2-5 cool and dre, khaled, Kanye, Alex da kid
Group: Can't do a top 5...no particular order....slaughterhouse, btnh, mobb deep, gangstarr, clipse, ugk,
Song: Stan ( I love storytelling rap and the intelligence in this song is incredible)
Remix: You don't know..jay-z n mop...UNREAL.lol orrrr keeping it gangsta rmx..
Collab: Renegade..jay n em
Lyric: Impossible really...I could sit here all day..I'll just put one of my faves out their..inscribed on the back of my iPad...." I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man, let me handle my business, damn!

This is all off the top of my head, no doubt I'll remember things I've missed n mention them later (if the thread lives obviously)

Edit: just out of curiosity, for 10 points, can anyone tell me who came up with the line that I chose for the title of the thread, without google! Lol..

Great minds think alike. Great ears listen alike. And to answer your question, it's from the Dead Prez song "Hip Hop"..And for a bonus, it was Chappelle's music when he'd hit the stage on his show..

Back