• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking About Joining The Family

Go for it! I thought I would just be into O matter frames when I started. However, once I tried on a Juliet about a month ago in an O store and saw how perfect the fit, feel and look was, I have since picked up two of them.

Good luck in your search.

I would suggest the XS. I believe based on the geometry of your face with regards to the antix and hijinx style frames... The XS would best suit you..... As for an R1. hat is a shelf whore in my collection. The chances of it being damaged is higher. Go by a store and try an XS, you may just get hooked on it!!!! I did....

1111yho.png

man, when i first tried on a juliet.... that was a day i still remember very clearly
Same here. Honolulu in 2004. Plasma Juliet with Emerald Iridium. That pair has the most sentimental value to me. Second most sentimental would be the Polished Juliet with Fire Iridium Polarized that my wife bought for me when our son was born.

Same here. Honolulu in 2004. Plasma Juliet with Emerald Iridium. That pair has the most sentimental value to me. Second most sentimental would be the Polished Juliet with Fire Iridium Polarized that my wife bought for me when our son was born.

cool man. Mine was a Xmetal Black iridium. Scoured the different stores to find an Xmetal one - it was always plasma, plasma, boring. I bought them and got ruby lenses in the same purchase. spent too much at retail but thats how it goes.. i have a mint Boxed Plasma emerald... they are a GREAT looking pair.. the polished with fire pol was my first ebay purchase... =)

cool man. Mine was a Xmetal Black iridium. Scoured the different stores to find an Xmetal one - it was always plasma, plasma, boring. I bought them and got ruby lenses in the same purchase. spent too much at retail but thats how it goes.. i have a mint Boxed Plasma emerald... they are a GREAT looking pair.. the polished with fire pol was my first ebay purchase... =)
As much as I agree that Plasma is boring, I have to say that I love it for it's durability. With the X-Metal and Carbon finishes, I have to be much more careful with them whereas with Plasma I am much more relaxed when I wear them. Not to say I'm careless with Plasma but I know that it can take a lot more abuse than the others.

As much as I agree that Plasma is boring, I have to say that I love it for it's durability. With the X-Metal and Carbon finishes, I have to be much more careful with them whereas with Plasma I am much more relaxed when I wear them. Not to say I'm careless with Plasma but I know that it can take a lot more abuse than the others.

yeah the new plasma anyway. old plasma was like trying to wear cardboard frames - cant get it sweaty, cos the whole thing starts to peel/discolor/both. carbon does wear off, but once youve worn it in - ALOT, it has a nice sort of rugged look to it. Xmetal is my fav-its tough, no coating so it doesnt flake, and i dont care if it scratches because it adds character (not deep scratches, just those rub marks) and once you collect alot it looks very battlescarred (like Xmean ROFL). thet first Juliet i tried on is currently my JulieX. Love it.

yeah the new plasma anyway. old plasma was like trying to wear cardboard frames - cant get it sweaty, cos the whole thing starts to peel/discolor/both. carbon does wear off, but once youve worn it in - ALOT, it has a nice sort of rugged look to it. Xmetal is my fav-its tough, no coating so it doesnt flake, and i dont care if it scratches because it adds character (not deep scratches, just those rub marks) and once you collect alot it looks very battlescarred (like Xmean ROFL). thet first Juliet i tried on is currently my JulieX. Love it.
Yeah, as much as I like the look of my TiO2, the 1st gen plasma kills me.

...to me anyways, they're not really a daily wear pair. I wore mine the other day and wasn't comfortable because of the cost associated with replacing them if they got lost/stolen.

I understand your arguement there but to me if there was a pair built to be worn daily its the R1.

It's built like a tank, no flex coupler to degrade and with aftermarket lenses installed lessened there are less worries about spider-cracking.

This makes for a formidable unit both functionally and aesthetically.

Back