• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ti Frogs

Wouldn’t making limiteds to sell to us ******* be the point anyway?

That sort of thing keeps fanbois and cult followers alive, which in turn keeps the brand special. In a way.

If not then they’d just be another cookie cutter ****box like the others. I think it keeps the original tradition alive personally.

I wouldn’t argue that at all.

However, and I’m making up numbers if I’m honest, the R1 today would probably be $2000 with inflation and the cost of doing anything close to that manufacturing process.

I love Plazmas but no they won’t be very valuable in the long run.
Lux thought they (R1) should be 14K :lol: I still do not know anyone who actually owns one or is willing to admit they paid that much. Heck they even threw in a Juliet for good measure! Inflation would for sure have it I would bet around $1000 these days only if they set up to mass produce cause like you mentioned they would have to make and sell allot to be worth it to do. I hate to admit I would buy #1 of them if they did.

Lux thought they (R1) should be 14K :lol: I still do not know anyone who actually owns one or is willing to admit they paid that much. Heck they even threw in a Juliet for good measure! Inflation would for sure have it I would bet around $1000 these days only if they set up to mass produce cause like you mentioned they would have to make and sell allot to be worth it to do. I hate to admit I would buy #1 of them if they did.
I actually thought about that 14k set too after reading your post.

Why were they memory holed? That whole thing is so weird.

Wouldn’t making limiteds to sell to us ******* be the point anyway?

That sort of thing keeps fanbois and cult followers alive, which in turn keeps the brand special. In a way.

If not then they’d just be another cookie cutter ****box like the others. I think it keeps the original tradition alive personally.
This I can agree with... Lux at least tries to stay creative and every now and then steps outside the box into something really cool (for which I think this frog is one). If they wanted to impress me though I want to see the Ti watches come back. Do a blue HP and I would pay!

I guess what bothers me is that the products are being made to never be worn at big prices and cheap cost and it seems like when you get the last one they shoved down our throats cleared out they shove another. The X metals were made for wearing and people did and the frames are still here today as a testament to the times. Some worn to death and some worn hardly ever but all in all they are still out there and that to me is a product worth $1000. There is no pair made today that could be here to say that about 20 years from now... all the hinges will be broken by then.

This I can agree with... Lux at least tries to stay creative and every now and then steps outside the box into something really cool (for which I think this frog is one). If they wanted to impress me though I want to see the Ti watches come back. Do a blue HP and I would pay!

I guess what bothers me is that the products are being made to never be worn at big prices and cheap cost and it seems like when you get the last one they shoved down our throats cleared out they shove another. The X metals were made for wearing and people did and the frames are still here today as a testament to the times. Some worn to death and some worn hardly ever but all in all they are still out there and that to me is a product worth $1000. There is no pair made today that could be here to say that about 20 years from now... all the hinges will be broken by then.
I plan to find out, I wear every pair I own, lol. Although with so many pairs they spread the wear.

Nothing will ever be like X Metals. Those days and sadly that America is gone. 😔

These are really cool. I’m not a frog guy but I’d have loved to at least try these on. I wish Oakley didn’t make so many frames limited now so everyday people never get to even see them and try them on to see if they might work on their face. I’d rather see a new customer try these on and say ‘wow I see why these cost $$’, but no- they get glasses like the CMDN.

Dinguses at Oakley come up with a Frog that could draw in non-Frog buyers, but make it so they can't easily buy them.

Yeh xeus and katos are very creative in a ugly way 🤣😅 at least they’re trying and they are sold out….

These are really cool. I’m not a frog guy but I’d have loved to at least try these on. I wish Oakley didn’t make so many frames limited now so everyday people never get to even see them and try them on to see if they might work on their face. I’d rather see a new customer try these on and say ‘wow I see why these cost $$’, but no- they get glasses like the CMDN.
Hey, I got a pair of those CMDN😂😂😂😂

Back