• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Tank vs Automatic Gearbox size comparison?

Spc369

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
uk
How do they match in size?
Anyone with both a picture side by side would be much appriciated 🙏🏼

And jyst seen the size comparison chart a few posts below 🫣

Here's a quick shot, my gearbox was in my case but I pulled it. I can get you more if need be.
1000005766.jpg
1000005767.jpg
1000005768.jpg

Here's a quick shot, my gearbox was in my case but I pulled it. I can get you more if need be.
View attachment 1125243View attachment 1125244View attachment 1125245
Thats perfect thankyou. Appreciate the time. I did see the gearbox dimensions are a little bigger on another thread but pictures quantify it clearly. Ive worn the TT with no issues but not sure the slightly larger GB would suit me as ive not got the biggest of wrists. May just look too much, and expensive mistake to get wrong 😭time to think😎

Your quite welcome, on the wrist the automatic feels much larger than the time tank. The height of it standing off your wrist and then the width with the large crown. That's why it doesn't get much wrist time for me as I love wearing the time tank everyday but the automatic is still a very nice watch and definitely gets attention when it's worn.

I have worn both. The MM with Ti band is huge on my girly wrists. The GB with rubber was much nicer, fit more comfortable but I’d easily smack into door frames and such, as it tends to lay higher on the wrist.
I do not wear the Ti bands as they just consume my wrists.
The Auto GB was one of my favorite watches. Also the GB’s crowns are on the outside for left wrist wearers. The MM always dug into my wrist/hand as they sit against the wrist.

I have worn both. The MM with Ti band is huge on my girly wrists. The GB with rubber was much nicer, fit more comfortable but I’d easily smack into door frames and such, as it tends to lay higher on the wrist.
I do not wear the Ti bands as they just consume my wrists.
The Auto GB was one of my favorite watches. Also the GB’s crowns are on the outside for left wrist wearers. The MM always dug into my wrist/hand as they sit against the wrist.
Good information thank-you, i also found the MM crown rubbed on my wrist. Ive had a couple of MM’s but also had bills to pay last year😭 so now i dont have them. In a better position to make a purchase now and fancy an automatic . So researching the Auto GB atm. I think i prefer the look of the rubber over the Ti band on the GB and the cheaper of the two options so that helps. Need to be sure its not too large for me though 😄

You will be fine.
Though I had one guy ask me if my Auto Gb was a camera🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back