• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time To Say Goodbye, Old Friend... - JULIET X Man Edition

Fun's Way

Oakley Beginner
I've been busy moving my apartment,during which I decide to re-arrange my X-Metal Collection a liittle bit.

And before I let this beauty go, I suddenly realized that I've never shared any of its Pics here before!!!
I purchased this piece a long time ago, and it's still one of my favourite JULIETs!

The one to go is X012308.
Another one show in the pic is X001345, It's one of my pairs for daily ware!
And...I'll open an SALE thread for the X012308 soon.

Enjoy Guys:
1_zps12a39a5a.jpg

2_zps594ef567.jpg

These 2 Pics above is the closest I can get to the real colour of the so called "1st Gen RUBY lens" ever with my poor CANNON PowerShoot SX10IS......The colour reception is just not accurate enough to show the true beauty of these compare to looking at them by yourself.

3_zps7132e5bf.jpg

4_zps994c843e.jpg

Now it get worse... Even the "Black" paper box look "Grey". Maybe I don't have enough technique, or maybe I should try some new camera?

5_zps131f9a0b.jpg

I still consider myself very lucky to have this oridinal X-Man set in perfect condition, hope U guys like it!

nice, did that "Cyclops Xmetal Juliet" sticker come with the original packaging?also i see some color under the warranty papers. wahts that? Oakley shoe advertising?

That's actually a "metal plate", It come with it when I bought this pair from a X-Metal collector in 2006. I think that guy built this by himself, 'cause I never heard of anything like that within the original package.

and Yep, the old warranty paper come with a advertising paper which has some 1999-2000 stuff on it.

By the Way, BriP: I always saw U have some very nice Pic show how those beautiful lenses' true colour on them.
How do U do that? Is it something with the technique or the camera
I only got lucky on those first 2 pictures (but still not close to the real thing enough), after that nothing at all despite how great the daylight is.
Same thing happens when I try to take picture of my JULIET Polished/Fire Polarized: All I got was colour like "24k Gold Iridium" rather than the really "Fire Iridium" when seen with my own eyes.

That's actually a "metal plate", It come with it when I bought this pair from a X-Metal collector in 2006. I think that guy built this by himself, 'cause I never heard of anything like that within the original package.

and Yep, the old warranty paper come with a advertising paper which has some 1999-2000 stuff on it.

By the Way, BriP: I always saw U have some very nice Pic show how those beautiful lenses' true colour on them.
How do U do that? Is it something with the technique or the camera
I only got lucky on those first 2 pictures (but still not close to the real thing enough), after that nothing at all despite how great the daylight is.
Same thing happens when I try to take picture of my JULIET Polished/Fire Polarized: All I got was colour like "24k Gold Iridium" rather than the really "Fire Iridium" when seen with my own eyes.

haha yeah its hard to get the right color in pictures. its not really your camera..
you need to play with the angle of the lights.. move it around at different angles and you'll get the idea =)

haha yeah its hard to get the right color in pictures. its not really your camera..
you need to play with the angle of the lights.. move it around at different angles and you'll get the idea =)

Thanks, I'll try that some time

My friends also told me later that I should use an addition Polarize Lense for the cemera to capture the colour on high gloss surface, this sounds right.

truly some nice pairs bro!!! :cool:

Thank U, I always feel that it's my honor to evern have them.
especially the X-Metal production line has been officially discontinued...

Latest Posts

Back