• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium or Plasma?

Stryker

Oakley Expert
Hey guys, been doing some thread searches to determine if this is a plasma or titanium frame. I don't have the original box and there is no "A" in the serial. Has a sheen to it. I have posted up a polished R1 next to it for reference only on the left side with the Sapphire lenses. Let me know what you think.
20170214_082243.jpg
20170214_082253.jpg
20170214_082318.jpg
20170214_082453.jpg
20170214_082402.jpg

Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping they were. I guess these would NOT be the 1st gen plasma's but 2nd gen since no "A" in the serial? Such a nice color to them.

Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping they were. I guess these would NOT be the 1st gen plasma's but 2nd gen since no "A" in the serial? Such a nice color to them.
The fact there is no A is the tell tail sign it is Plasma. A low serial first gen Titanium frame (no A at the end) would have much less sheen and would be the "bone" finish. The early Plasma finishes on the Romeos do not age the same as the Plasma finish on a Juliet, so the first gen Plasma Romeos are fairly shiny. Second gen Titanium is shiny too, but the serials end with an A. Congrats!!!