• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Traded a Juliet for plastic Oakleys!!

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
I thought the thread title might get someone's attention and they would read about my craziness.:crazy:

I recently traded my carbon Juliet with Black Iridium Polarized lenses (small scuff on one lens but otherwise excellent condition), 1999 coin, and spare BIP lenses for the following:

-New (sticker still on lens) Polarized Ferrari Madman with original case and bag.

-Used (for 4 months) but mint, matte black Flak Jacket with brand new rubber pieces, 6 sets of lenses (BIP, Fire Polarized, Ice Polarized, Prizm Road, Prizm Field, Prizm Daily), 2 lens pouches, new earsock and nosepad kit, Hydrophobic lens cleaner, new single Flak vault, and big Flak vault that holds glasses/3 sets of lenses/lens cleaner.

-$75 Canadian

Does anyone think I made the wrong choice? I think I did ok and I will use the Flak Jacket and various lenses often. I have another Flak Jacket and my son and father own them as well, so I might be generous and give them some lenses.

I ended up finding a mint BIP carbon Juliet complete with the newer coin, spare rubbers, and 2 extra microfiber bags 1 day after the trade but I didn't know it would come up for sale at the time of the swap. The stars were aligned for me that day.

I find it ironic that I now own both the Madman and Badman, even though I never planned to buy either. Both were part of trades for carbon Juliets (traded 2 and sold 1). I don't know if I will ever wear either because the spring hinge makes them too big for me, especially the Badman.

I have no reason to buy more sunglasses so time to take a break. I said that to my wife and kids yesterday and they responded "Didn't you say that a while ago?". :rolleyes:
trade4.jpg
trade3.jpg
trade2.jpg

trade.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought it seemed like a good deal. Here's the Juliet I traded:
carstand3.jpg

I have 5 Juliets now and didn't own any Prizm lenses before the trade. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I wouldn't have made the deal if the Flak Jacket didn't come with so many new lenses. I can't find a mark on any of them.

I'm not a Juliet guy, but do whatever makes you happy.

Sent from Q's Note5

Yeah prism tech didn't really make me jump for joy. Until I got an amazing deal for a pair of silver radar locks with blue rubbers and deep water prizm and 2 other polarized lenses and the large vault for glasses and lenses for 180. They are the ultimate fishing lenses, I'd honestly rate them vs any of my glass costa lenses