• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Twenty owners... lend me your...earsocks??

Reese's Pieces

I should Work at Oakley
Lexington, SC
Hi guys! I just finished updating a pair of original Twentys I picked up for cheap (about $12) so my son could have his first pair. The lenses were in great shape but the socks and nose bombs were missing.

My son loves superheroes so we decided to go with a Captain America theme on them. The frame was easy. Acrylic white paint... Done. There was a little rubbing when the lenses were put back in, but this is version 1.0.

The problem came when I tried to find earsocks. You simply can't find them. On top of that, I needed red. What to do? I went to the nearest Vault and found a guy that was willing to help with the search. We went through a number of types until we came across the Quarter Jackets. It's not a perfect match but considering the alternatives... They didn't have red in stock so I ordered some when I got home.

While I was waiting for them to arrive I tried a set of my Flak 2.0 socks. They are longer so they cover the contours better but they would need to be trimmed a little front and back to be perfect. The small tab on the front needs to be cut off and using a dab of adhesive would probably be a good idea. Even though the Twentys are a smaller frame, I kind of like the flare towards the front. It gives them a different look.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post my findings since I've seen a number of people asking about where to find replacements for these. Let me know what you think!

20170629_124433.jpg 20170811_132931.jpg 20170811_134430.jpg 20170811_133447.jpg 20170811_133509.jpg 20170811_133523.jpg 20170709_190344~01.jpg

Ya it would be cool if you could do that. Even if the mold is a little off, they're better then nothing! I think the red ones look ok considering they aren't meant for that frame

Back