• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Unworn Oakley Plate Platinum 24K Iridium sunglasses... what are they worth?

Hi guys :)
Back in 2004 (when I had money) I bought 3 identical pairs of Oakley Plate Platinum 24K Iridium sunglasses.
Over the years one pair has been completely wrecked with scratched lenses and bits missing.
The second pair has very tatty frames but perfect lenses (more by luck than care).
... and the 3rd and final pair has sat unused and unworn in their box (complete with paperwork and bag etc) since buying them.
I'm contemplating selling the new unworn pair but I don't know how much they're worth.
I know in this condition they're quite rare now, but using eBay as litmus to estimate their value seems very hit and miss.
Any ideas as to their value and what I can expect to get for them would be very useful.
Many thanks :)
P.S. I want to refurbish the tatty pair with perfect lenses to keep for my own use... does anyone know the paint code I'd need to respray them back to their original platinum colour?
View attachment 458453
Do you still have these? For sale? Are they the gold ones or the silver ones? And what color are the lenses? How much are they please? Thank you. Holly in Wisconsin

Do you still have these? For sale? Are they the gold ones or the silver ones? And what color are the lenses? How much are they please? Thank you. Holly in Wisconsin
They haven't been seen on the forums in 2 years (and with only 9 messages in the time they been here) so I doubt they'll get back to you. Also you can't send PMs/etc until you been a member long enough with enough helpful post to engage in buy/sell communications.

Hi Guys,
I managed to lost my login details... just came by them by pure chance 😁
I still have the new boxed pair but have no reason to sell them so will hold onto them for the foreseeable future... perhaps an heirloom to pass onto my kids... who will probably flog them in the blink of an eye 😂
As I couldn't identify the original colour code I just let my tatty ones get even tattier so they look like they've been through war zone... but it goes with the plate look and as the lenses are still prefect it looks intentional.
The third pair with badly scratched lenses and bit's missing from the frame I've kept for spares should I need any parts... they look really ratty.
P.S. Here's a photo of the pair I've been wearing daily for the last 12 years... the lenses still almost perfect (how I'll never know). Strangely the plastic used for this pair is black... my other/older pair used white?

20210608_113619.jpg

Hi Guys,
I still have the new boxed pair but have no reason to sell them so will hold onto them for the foreseeable future... perhaps an heirloom to pass onto my kids... who will probably flog them in the blink of an eye 😂
As I couldn't identify the original colour code I just let my tatty ones get even tattier so they look like they've been through war zone... but it goes with the plate look and as the lenses are still prefect it looks intentional.
The third pair with badly scratched lenses and bit's missing from the frame I've kept for spares should I need any parts... they look really ratty.
P.S. Here's a photo of the pair I've been wearing daily for the last 12 years... the lenses still almost perfect (how I'll never know). Strangely the plastic used for this pair is black... my other/older pair used white?

View attachment 871040
There is guys on here that do bloody nice customs on them if you ever had a theme or colour you wanted! Good for you for keeping the new set. Money is good an all but you'll never get another set! And even better you kept the old set for parts!

Hi Guys,

View attachment 871040
Very nice to see a great set used and not kept in a bloody display case.

That is a beauty mate.

Hi Guys,

View attachment 871040

Being metal are these quite heavy when you wear them on your face?

Back