• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

UPS want 62 quid for a package from Czech Republic?......

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
UPS_logo.png
Hi,​
Your parcel is arriving tomorrow.​
From 3PLUK NL BV
Fees and taxes totalling 62.02 GBP are due for this delivery. Pay now.
Scheduled Delivery​
Tuesday 16/01/2024
End of Day​
UPS Standard®​
1ZB566386826408173​

Had a visit from UPS guy, who required 62 quid from me, for the delivery of Photo Etch set for my 1/600 T.O.S. Enterprise. That amounts over twice the price I paid for postage and the item. Is there any way I can put the parcel on hold, to look into this cost?

Thank you.

Doesn't seem right...? I would definitely want to check the value declared on the customs paperwork....

I've found out who it belongs to: the aptly named BRAINDEAD. They can go **** themselves! Paid 193 quid for them, only to be slapped with 62 quid extra. What a complete PISS TAKE!

Message sent them.

Why have I received an UPS driver asking for £62, for postage? I was led to believe that the postage had been sorted by yourselves(which you reimbursed me for as form of compensation for the delay!). Now I've got to pay an extra £62, I can confidently say, you trully must be BRAINDEAD, if you think I'm going to be paying that exorbitant amount for these, especially as they cost 193 quid too start with.

Last edited:
I've found out who it belongs to: the aptly named BRAINDEAD. They can go **** themselves! Paid 193 quid for them, only to be slapped with 62 quid extra. What a complete PISS TAKE!

Message sent them.

Why have I received an UPS driver asking for £62, for postage? I was led to believe that the postage had been sorted by yourselves(which you reimbursed me for as form of compensation for the delay!). Now I've got to pay an extra £62, I can confidently say, you trully must be BRAINDEAD, if you think I'm going to be paying that exorbitant amount for these, especially as they cost 193 quid too start with.
That makes more sense. Unfortunately that’s over both the VAT and customs duty limits. The postage is also VATable above the limit, which I think is a bit of a ripoff.

Looks like you were charged
£38.60 vat
£23.16 duties.

You have our HRMC to blame here....
35d7a67f04a4cbaf8264b2343f54cc0a.jpg

So the onus is on me to pay for these? If so, they can keep them. I've had enough of surprise bills.
Yep, as the importer of the item. A lot used to slip through back in the day but they’re much more on it nowadays and of course it catches all the EU countries in the net now.

Back