• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value of Crater X Metal’s

Brewer31

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, curious what the value of my old Mars XMetal Craters currently is? I found them cleaning out my closet the other day. I purchased them I believe around 97’ or 98’. I don’t have the original packaging, coin, or vault but the glasses themselves are in immaculate condition w/ the original soft bag. The serial# is C002399. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Crater very sought after these days thanks to scarcity And the Michael Jordan doco on Netflix and no doubt just by posting this you'll already have PMs from members asking you to sell to them privately instead of waiting to put them on the exchange. If you're looking to value them to throw them on ebay just an ebay search of sold craters will turn up a value of about 700-800 usd. On this forum maybe 600 ish usd but you won't pay ebay fees or have the hassle of people non paying. But price is subject to condition so some pics always help determine the value. Best of luck mate

Thanks so much for the insight! I’ll post some pics & a price after doing some research on eBay. They look just like they did the day I bought them. I bet I’ve only wore them maybe 10 times because I was scared to loose them or have someone steal them while I was in college. Been tucked away safely in my closet for over 20 years, lol.

Crater very sought after these days thanks to scarcity And the Michael Jordan doco on Netflix and no doubt just by posting this you'll already have PMs from members asking you to sell to them privately instead of waiting to put them on the exchange. If you're looking to value them to throw them on ebay just an ebay search of sold craters will turn up a value of about 700-800 usd. On this forum maybe 600 ish usd but you won't pay ebay fees or have the hassle of people non paying. But price is subject to condition so some pics always help determine the value. Best of luck mate

I couldn’t even find any sold crater listings. I’d bet you could get 800 on here

I got extremely lucky and found a Crater a couple a week ago.
I've been told that they were not sold in Australia or new Zealand because of the safety standards for sunglasses was not met. That's why they fetch a premium over here.

Back