• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Value Of NCAA Bowl Gift Oakley Glasses

sctizzle

Oakley Expert
During the many NCAA bowl games, sponsors are allowed to give players up to $500 in gifts for participating in a bowl game. Oakley has been giving gifts at many of these bowls.

I recently picked up a pair directly from a former player who received them for playing in the St. Petersburg Bowl. They are white Eyepatch with ESPN etched into the lens as ESPN was broadcasting the game, as well as a custom bowl microfiber bag. I wish the frame itself was more unique and not simply a regular eye patch with the ESPN on the lens, but still very unqiue and it still has the original box from Oakley and all warranty papers etc. I am assuming that many of these glasses from bowls did not survive based on players wearing them that week, losing them, breaking them partying etc. The former player I bought them from never wore them and only took them out to look at them when they were given to him in his gift bag and then again when I bought them.

I can post photos later, but I was just curious what other members thought the value was. I know that original eye patches themself are not worth much, but was curious what members thought the value of this set would be based on the uniqueness of the situation regarding them.

Well, they cost you something. If you want to make money off them, start high and work to meet the buyers price.

This topic has been discussed many a time on this forum. You can't really put a value on anything. The going rate fluctuates based on demand. If someone wants it, they will pay what they believe is fair.

If no one wants it, it'll just sit and collect dust.

A person who likes the Eyepatch and is a ESPN fan might think it's worth something. Personally i hate the Eyepatch and don't particularly care for ESPN, so i wouldn't want them at all. Now maybe if the lenses had the teams name rather than "ESPN" it might be cooler for the fan.

I sold a polished black/black iridium polarized eyepatch earlier this year for $80. It didn't move for about a month until i came across someone who had recently broke his and wanted a replacement.

Here are the pix:

2mg2rzk.jpg

25i9a20.jpg

I paid $100...figured theyre unique and not seen very often...I can't wear the style though..another one for the display case.

Latest Posts

Back