• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visionary Lenses - In Depth Review Part 2

I had some Walleva Gascan Titanium lenses. They weren't amazing, but they were by no means bad. I would say they were up there in quality with VL. If I remember correctly, they were thin and seemed a little loose, but only by a little bit. The polarization was fine and dandy, but like VL, nothing compared to Oakley's. I remember the mirror being really good on the Titanium though, almost like a Chrome. The problem was though, I'm not a fan of the grey base and it fit Asian Gascan's only.

Oh, the optics were fine. I was talking about the Polarization. I'm guessing they use a film of some sort, unlike Oakley's big mesh of stuff. I have no idea, but they just don't seem to work as well. When I go from Oakley to VL, there's a pretty big difference with the whole HD effect. It may just be me and my mind playing tricks, but that's what I thought at least. Could also be the Bronze base I chose instead of a regular Grey Base like the majority of their lens options.

I have a pair of Split Jacket's that are polarized and honestly I don't really notice much of a difference on the polarized scale but then again I'm not expert on the subject so maybe I'm not looking for the right things.

Haha I hear you. Again, it could be me ;). I have this mindset that Oakley is the only superior option, so it could just all be mental.

I am not doubting at all that Oakley's optics are superior, in fact I know they are. However, I do think there are cheaper alternatives out there that are close to or as good.

Back