• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visionary Lenses - In Depth Review

Yes, but different density Polycarbonates perform differently.. have you seen "Revision Eyewear" and their military grade safety sunglasses? they took a shotgun blast, which tore through oakley lenses! theres a video on youtube.

Revision uses a laminate sandwiched between two pieces of polycarbonate to prevent separation. They are also thicker, and are not tapered like Oakley lenses. There are different grades of polycarbonate, but the cheap stuff is actually stronger, though not as optically clear as what Oakley uses. Even a $5 pair of polycarbonate safety glasses will perform at least as well in Oakley's test, the point is that they are not comparing other polycarbonate lenses, just glass, and CR 39 to polycarbonate.

The point is supposed to be protection (to an extent) plus optical superiority.

With that being said, I showed VL this thread and I might get a free set of lenses out of it. If I do, I'll try some impact testing.

How could I do clarity tests? The only thing I could really give was the comparison pics in the first post, showing direct view through the lenses.

On the discussion of Polorized, the easiest way to tell is look at an LCD screen and look through the lens at a 45 degree angle. The screen should turn black. The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I checked my gold vl lenses and they were polorized.

Latest Posts

Back