• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 Gold polarized

Oak Heel

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Does anyone have any info on VR28 Gold Iridium polarized lenses or maybe some comparison pics? I have a set of polarized HJ lenses that are definitely a VR28 base, but the Iridium coating looks a little more bronze when compared to all my other VR28 BIP lenses. I will attach a pic comparing these lenses to VR28 BIP and regular gold polarized. There is a subtle difference in the Iridium.

F0F4D395-666B-403F-BD50-51E9976FFED3.jpeg

Ive got a vr28 gold iridium lens at home I'll take a look when I get back.

Honestly that middle lens looks a lot like Tungsten

Ive got a vr28 gold iridium lens at home I'll take a look when I get back.

Honestly that middle lens looks a lot like Tungsten
Thanks and agree, it does have that Tungsten look, but it’s def got a VR28 base. VR28 BIP on top in the pic below for comparison.

I am wondering if the mystery lens is just a VR28 BIP with a bit of variation in the Iridium. I’ve never had a confirmed VR28 gold lens in hand to know just how “gold” they actually look from the outside vs VR28 BIP.

5F4C4043-A1A3-4B25-BBCA-22E389EFAEE0.jpeg

FWIW I also use to have a set of VR28 BIP lenses for my half jackets and I also thought they actually looked a bit more ‘gold’ when compared to my flak jacket equivalents. I have never actually seen a set of vr28 gold polarized though to compare.

I cant really replicate how you took your pictures so think they they both look a bit lighter than your but Id have to agree with your assessment. The vr28 gold iridium seems a lot lighter than gold and the iridium is so light that I can see through it from the front pretty easily. The ones you have seen a lot more mirrored.

20220419_161946.jpg20220419_162011.jpg20220419_191207.jpg

I cant really replicate how you took your pictures so think they they both look a bit lighter than your but Id have to agree with your assessment. The vr28 gold iridium seems a lot lighter than gold and the iridium is so light that I can see through it from the front pretty easily. The ones you have seen a lot more mirrored.

View attachment 955682View attachment 955683View attachment 955684
Thanks for the pics! Between your pics and @WildWires post, I think this definitely confirms the lenses are just VR28 BIP with a bit of batch variation. Thanks again to both you guys!

My VR28 gold polars are clearly different in the iridium from VR28 BIP. Afaik they are about as dark as VR28 BIP and the iridium feels about as reflective as Gold iridium. They are from a Half jacket XLJ array set.

My VR28 gold polars are clearly different in the iridium from VR28 BIP. Afaik they are about as dark as VR28 BIP and the iridium feels about as reflective as Gold iridium. They are from a Half jacket XLJ array set.
That is good to know they are distinctly different, thanks. Sounds like an awesome lens. That array you mentioned has always eluded me, although I haven’t actively searched for it in a while. I did manage to find a good set of VR28 blue polars that are pretty sweet too!

That is good to know they are distinctly different, thanks. Sounds like an awesome lens. That array you mentioned has always eluded me, although I haven’t actively searched for it in a while. I did manage to find a good set of VR28 blue polars that are pretty sweet too!

I think it came with Amber BIP, Grey polars and VR28 gold iridium polars. A steal at the time :D

Latest Posts

Back