• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warranty Juliet frame - are they collectable?

DylFin

Oakley Expert
Once again, I call on the power's that be - the Oakley Forum Oracle of wisdom!
Are warranty Juliet serialed frames rare or collectable?
I understand they might not be as wanted as original serial numbers, but just wanted to check? :)

They are as collectible as any other frame. They W serial is generally not sought after, however condition of the frame and lenses is where the valuation lies.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They are as collectible as any other frame. They W serial is generally not sought after, however condition of the frame and lenses is where the valuation lies.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, I thought they might be rarer due to the fact there weren't as many 'W' serials out there, but many thanks for confirming! ;)

Thanks for the info, I thought they might be rarer due to the fact there weren't as many 'W' serials out there, but many thanks for confirming! ;)
In my experience they do not come up as often as most serialised pairs so in essence they are more difficult to find to a degree. They were obviously not an LE or SE so cannot be seen to be collectable in that way - no box / matching serial etc, but they certainly have some element of uniqueness as I would say at least half of replacement pairs will be unserialised. I probably see 2/3 pairs maybe per year up for sale if that is an indicator for quantities.

In my experience they do not come up as often as most serialised pairs so in essence they are more difficult to find to a degree. They were obviously not an LE or SE so cannot be seen to be collectable in that way - no box / matching serial etc, but they certainly have some element of uniqueness as I would say at least half of replacement pairs will be unserialised. I probably see 2/3 pairs maybe per year up for sale if that is an indicator for quantities.
That's interesting - I also haven't seen too many 'W' serial frames, so very happy that they are somewhat unique, which is exactly how my wife describes me! :)

I agree with @discostu - they are certainly rarer than many serialised frames but that doesn't necessarily make them more desirable. For me, I would be looking to buy them at a discount to a serial frame, rather than a premium.

I think they are cool. I have a warranty serialized frame. Wouldn't pay any more or any less for it than any other Juliet. All depends on the condition...

W frame not that desirable as SN pairs. Collectable wise??? Not that either. It sells less than a serialed frame.