• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

Here’s my collection.

D0B7BD89-BA25-42BE-AB97-9C7C3F0DA3D0.jpeg

C64BEDE6-4F39-45F6-B042-CB9CD5C15B48.jpeg

Buy the right one and it can be an investment. I have a watch that I could comfortably sell for 10 times what I paid in 2008.
I'm sure it's a rolex..? No brand has had such a crazy return on investment than rolex in the last decade.
But is a watch meant to be an investment, or something you bond with and enjoy. Preferably both right? But, if it's one or the other, the enjoyment and bonding should take precedent over the financial roi picture imo.
I really disrespect rolex for their supply restriction, tudor brand and then inherently their own brand repositioning attempts..the thought of paying OVER msrp, I just will never do it!
If you can't even walk into a brand boutique physically and buy what you want at msrp, then I think the intent is to intrigue me and make me want it more because it's unobtainable...forget that, and quick!!

All that being said, if you stay within certain price points with certain brands, you will not get too hosed when you flip. Again, the idea in my mind should be that you are not looking at it as an investment but something you will enjoy and keep for your life time!
panerai: 8k max
Omega: 8k max
Breitling: 4.5k
etc Every brand has their limit
Yes you can spend 10k on a beauty breitling, but good luck getting even 4.5 out of it used.

Personal lesson is do not buy unless you've done your research and plan to KEEP
Any time you flip anything you are likely to lose.
If you are aware of your flip values and thinking about it, it's the wrong watch and you do need to sort that out!

I'm sure it's a rolex..? No brand has had such a crazy return on investment than rolex in the last decade.
But is a watch meant to be an investment, or something you bond with and enjoy. Preferably both right? But, if it's one or the other, the enjoyment and bonding should take precedent over the financial roi picture imo.
I really disrespect rolex for their supply restriction, tudor brand and then inherently their own brand repositioning attempts..the thought of paying OVER msrp, I just will never do it!
If you can't even walk into a brand boutique physically and buy what you want at msrp, then I think the intent is to intrigue me and make me want it more because it's unobtainable...forget that, and quick!!

All that being said, if you stay within certain price points with certain brands, you will not get too hosed when you flip. Again, the idea in my mind should be that you are not looking at it as an investment but something you will enjoy and keep for your life time!
panerai: 8k max
Omega: 8k max
Breitling: 4.5k
etc Every brand has their limit
Yes you can spend 10k on a beauty breitling, but good luck getting even 4.5 out of it used.

Personal lesson is do not buy unless you've done your research and plan to KEEP
Any time you flip anything you are likely to lose.
If you are aware of your flip values and thinking about it, it's the wrong watch and you do need to sort that out!
Not a Rolex. Never really been a Rolex fan. Some very good watches but a huge marketing operation too.

And definitely not a flipper. I’ve given away more watches than I’ve sold in 30-ish years of collecting.

share pics of what it is?
I’ve posted it on here before. Heuer 1158 CHN, as gifted to Ferrari F1 drivers during the 70s when Heuer was a sponsor of the team. There are some decent returns to be had with the right vintage watches. This was a beneficiary of tool watches in precious metals not being much in fashion at the time I bought but the connection with F1 and Ferrari in particular being so strong.

CF6C48D3-9554-46E4-B339-0812F76194EE.jpeg

Too cloudy/rainy for some Oakleys today, so I figured I post my watch for the day. Invicta Pro Diver with CF dial. Heavy, but I like it.

image.jpg

Back