• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

Note to self.

When buying car from @cyclerdoug make sure it's a special order that will come straight from factory and NOT be driven. Or even better make sure it's something along the lines of Chevys Corvette museum delivery where the dealer never even sees the vehicle.

Damn you take a lot of notes, Frank!

Got in it with 497 miles on it and now there's 515. No harm, no foul. ;)

Damn you take a lot of notes, Frank!

Got in it with 497 miles on it and now there's 515. No harm, no foul. ;)
Not if it was my purchase ;)

Here's a story.

I went to a Chevy dealer once. Wanted to get a new Z06. Went through the process of talking to the sales guy who was also a douche and told him exactly what I wanted.
Last time I ordered a Corvette they didn't bother searching for inventory and had it built for me and called me when it was arriving so I could get there pretty much when it got off the truck. I watched them clean it up and I took it home without anyone else ever having truly driven it outside of the factory testing. It showed on the odometer when I got it it didn't even have 2 miles on it. That dealer was also taken over and I haven't been there since the takeover as the new owners reputation wasn't so great.

With this new douche at this other dealer he kept searching inventory for what I wanted. I kept saying just build the car and call me when it gets here. He says ok.

They call me a week later and say my car is there which I found strange if it was a build because I remember how long it's supposed to take.

I get there and they pull this car out and I look at it. Looks nice. I ask them to open the trunk so I can see inside. When they open it I can clearly see how dirty it is inside the lid from rain and the car sitting out in the elements. I said this isn't my car. Doucheboy goes sure it is! This is the car you requested to have built! I said yeah this is the car I requested to have built but this is NOT the car that was built for me because this is a car you found at some other dealer and had it transferred here and swapped the rims to match what I ordered. This car has obviously been sitting outside in the elements for over a month and mine will never sit outside ever. Take this car and send it back where you got it and order me my car. He says you have to take this car because you paid for it. I explained to him the sticker doesn't even match the options on the car. He goes how can you say that? I said the wrong rims are on the car that don't match the sticker but match what I asked for.

I went inside and ignored doucheboy and searched out the manager. I explained how he's running a business with con artists and I don't fall for stupid **** and I would appreciate it if I'm not treated like an idiot. Working with the manager and not doucheboy he confirmed the car was a transfer and then made the proper calls to have my car built like they said it was going to be done. I also told the manager I want to change one little thing with the car. I explained I want it to be a museum delivery now. When he asked why I explained that I don't trust any of his staff with my car based on my experience with them as that the car was going to be disassembled anyway within a week after pickup.

Anyway. After the proper amount of time has passed for a true build to take place I got the call my car was ready. I drove to Kentucky to pick it up and stick it in an enclosed trailer and off to Lingenfelter it went. :)

IMG_1503.JPG

After 30 years in the car business there is very little that truly gets me going.

That being said I just made a decision that made my week... and I thought of @Litos while I was doing it:

View attachment 302022

Took it out behind the complex on the 2 lane rural and then hit the interstate for a quick 15 miles up and back.
Beat it like it looked at my sister crooked.

I've got 2 words.

Jesussssss Chriiiiiiiiiiisssst....
Hellcats hurt a lot of people's feelings :)

@OakleyFrankFMJ (too big to quote)

I don't blame you one bit. That money, no matter how big, should get you what you ordered. Send it back and find another dealer as far as I'm concerned, were it me.

This hellcat, however, is a used, titled car. We don't sell Dodge. Friend of the owner wants us to sell it.

@OakleyFrankFMJ (too big to quote)

I don't blame you one bit. That money, no matter how big, should get you what you ordered. Send it back and find another dealer as far as I'm concerned, were it me.

This hellcat, however, is a used, titled car. We don't sell Dodge. Friend of the owner wants us to sell it.
Aaaaaaaah. You didn't specify that it was USED. :rofl:

Take it out for more joyrides then. :rofl:

But yeah. I enjoy mine when I drive it.

Back