• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

After 30 years in the car business there is very little that truly gets me going.

That being said I just made a decision that made my week... and I thought of @Litos while I was doing it:

View attachment 302022

Took it out behind the complex on the 2 lane rural and then hit the interstate for a quick 15 miles up and back.
Beat it like it looked at my sister crooked.

I've got 2 words.

Jesussssss Chriiiiiiiiiiisssst....
I really want to test drive one to see what all the hullabaloo is about

I really want to test drive one to see what all the hullabaloo is about

It's bona fide X-man. It pushed me back in the seat from the center of my torso. I couldn't play with the launch control because it's not supposed to be useable until you've driven 500 miles. I didn't even try, but I wasn't interested in doing that. I cracked the ass end loose with the Track button and I was in FOURTH (It's a manual). Got it right back but my stomach churned. I caught a crosswind once about 30 feet off the runway at Capital City Airport 5 years ago and for a couple seconds thought I'd had it. This felt about the same! The car is just insane.

Beast of a purchase @cyclerdoug

I heard some SRT dealers will black flag VIN's if something as simple as air filters are swapped, but since you're in the business, guess nothing can stop you if you wanted to go even more bananas.

Beast of a purchase @cyclerdoug

I heard some SRT dealers will black flag VIN's if something as simple as air filters are swapped, but since you're in the business, guess nothing can stop you if you wanted to go even more bananas.

I'd love to say thanks Vent, but I didn't buy it! We have it here to sell for a friend of the owners. It's used with 500 miles on it. (He changes cars a lot..)

I personally haven't owned a car since 1990. (One that I actually drive daily, I've had cars that I bought and stored bt I'm down to just one of those now)

Not to ruin the Hellcat convo, but I drive a '12 Charger. Just the base model, V6, but it gets 30mpg according to the dash and looks good doing it. Wife has a '12 Journey,v6 (same motor as my car) and its AWD.

Mopar or No Car!

Hellcat and Viper are my dream cars. Challenger R/T will be my next one. Gonna hold onto the Charger for a LONG time though.....unlimited warranty.

Not to ruin the Hellcat convo, but I drive a '12 Charger. Just the base model, V6, but it gets 30mpg according to the dash and looks good doing it. Wife has a '12 Journey,v6 (same motor as my car) and its AWD.

Mopar or No Car!

Hellcat and Viper are my dream cars. Challenger R/T will be my next one. Gonna hold onto the Charger for a LONG time though.....unlimited warranty.
Don't get an RT - those 5.7 Hemis are junk...

I made the of mistake of getting one...

Nice cars, but the engine leaves a lot to be desired...

After 30 years in the car business there is very little that truly gets me going.

That being said I just made a decision that made my week... and I thought of @Litos while I was doing it:

View attachment 302022

Took it out behind the complex on the 2 lane rural and then hit the interstate for a quick 15 miles up and back.
Beat it like it looked at my sister crooked.

I've got 2 words.

Jesussssss Chriiiiiiiiiiisssst....

How fast is it? Never driven many US cars, most extreme I've been in is a GT2 with 750 hp and a few Teslas.. Miss the engine sound in the Teslas though..

How fast is it? Never driven many US cars, most extreme I've been in is a GT2 with 750 hp and a few Teslas.. Miss the engine sound in the Teslas though..
Not many cars ever made can out launch a GT2 from 0-100mph...

But I have seen on a number of occasions a Hellcat out accelerating a GT2 from 30-170...

Latest Posts

Back