• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

We took these out for the afternoon...
34810736_1980252695318643_1441255161837125632_n.jpg

Addition earlier last week, though mostly for the family to use.

For the basic needs and general driving, can't complain as I've been getting used to the interface. I am an advocate for raising the standards for driving competence, but all the alert aids here are welcome. The adaptive cruise control is no invitation to stop giving af, but I do like it in conjunction with the blind spot alert for changing lanes. Just extra eyes for traffic that 1) wants to cut you off of changing lanes last second and 2) spontaneously brakes last second ahead of you.

Mazda's being "fun to drive" is sort of an overused selling point, but there has been no serious underwhelming aspect of this car for me so far. Maybe the only thing is how long it hangs in a gear in some situations, and the low end I felt in the Rav 4 replaced is kinda missing. But it carries speed, drives flat, brakes are responsive. Steering is a bit light and the tires are also a bit narrower, but the suspension and chassis setup is making up for it. The limit isn't too hard to figure out.

FHLXGAo.jpg

Back