• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

0wlgBNN.jpg

Went from a 3.69 to 4.08 Final
Switched to an OS Giken LSD
stiffer diff bushings and Nismo finned cover

Mods were pricey, but was just not smart to skimp on one or the other when I already had someone working on the diff. Wouldn't want to rant, but the shorter gearing is one of those "it should've come out the factory this way" mods. Difference between the factory VLSD and this clutch setup is pretty noticeable. On a corner I usually pass through, I used to hang in 4th, but now I have to get into 5th...yet power is actually getting down this time around and speed is actually building as soon as I commit to the exit.

Diesel vs gasoline..in this case, the torque makes a massive difference. I'm guessing by looking at @Wicked package options (TWSS), he has the vortec v8 gas (400 lb feet) whilst the other guy has the duramax (900 lb feet).
YUP! I can’t justify a duramax as I drive 7 miles round trip to work when I’m not on the road (my truck then just sits) It’s 4 years old with 30K.

Isn't Dodge the manufacturer that stamps HEMI on every engine when they are no longer HEMI engines? :D

it's been debatable since the gen 3 HEMI was introduced. "some call it a Semi HEMI"

Hemi or Semi? Chrysler group's new 345 hp, 5.7-liter engine is powerful just the same

("The situation is that we have a true hemispherical chamber except for a few cubic centimeters of material added to each side of the chamber," says Robert Lee, Chrysler group's director of rear-wheel engine engineering. "And that's done to channel the flow and get the burn characteristic we wanted with the dual (spark) plugs. That's the only possible area that people could quibble about."

Engineers could have put the raised areas on the crown of the piston instead of in the cylinder heads, but Lee said that would have meant sacrificing efficiency.

Says Lee: "Everything else, in terms of the valvetrain arrangement, the shape of the chamber, is in fact a true Hemi. It's not as huge as the old Hemi, of course.")

Latest Posts

Back