• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

Manual isn't just about the speed it's an entire different experience for some. DSGs are the bomb but I'm still all about that manual life for now.
Yeah, I here you...

From the time I was 19 to the time I was 27, I drove 5 and 6speed cars...

For the last 6 or 7 years I've had nothing but automatics, but this year I bought a 5speed SRT4 as a daily driver since I don't sit in traffic on my 56 mile round trip commute...

I test drove the DSG Gli Jetta a few years back. Fun car for being an auto. I went with a stick.

If I was racing or worried about 0-60 times, the DSG is faster. But for carving up the corners and just enjoying the ride I don't regret getting a stick one bit. Next car must have one. I drive my truck with an auto or borrow someone's car and it just feels like I'm falling asleep it's so boring.

Yeah, I here you...

From the time I was 19 to the time I was 27, I drove 5 and 6speed cars...

For the last 6 or 7 years I've had nothing but automatics, but this year I bought a 5speed SRT4 as a daily driver since I don't sit in traffic on my 56 mile round trip commute...
Oh yea I know. And I hear ya

So, my day is officially ruined !!!!

Got this text today while checking on the status of my car...

I'm beyond pissed...plan b is to pick up my car, install the headlights and then run and find a shop that would give me a decent price for paint...

I got a couple in mind, but holy fawk am I pissed !!!

image.png

ok, drove my car from that shop to another shop by my house...

drove the car with no headlights or front bumper HAHAHA !!!!

got to this new shop and after the shop owner and i negotiated a price, we sat down and chatted about what had happened to me...

after I told him what shop it was, he smiled, facepalmed and shook his head...

apparently they have a reputation of being a garbage shop AND he said that he's had to fix some of the work that they do...

here's the bad thing - the car will be painted red, not B5 to match my car :(

but at least the shop is close and the guy seems to run his shop with a purpose...he said he may not be able to get to my car next week, but that he would definitely get it done the following week...

he's going to test me once they start working on it...

Back