• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What gets you in the Christmas/Holiday spirit?

While I agree holidays have become a corporate ploy, I truly enjoy getting gifts for others. This year I asked my 6 year old son to find out what he should get for his mom. He told me he already knew. He had actually listened to her weeks ago and taken note of what she wanted. We went to the “store with all of the weird toys” (trying to describe World Market) and he tracked down several things she wanted for her office and had no interest in shopping for himself. We got home and he wrapped it and put under the tree. He was so excited and I was pretty damn proud!

This. Excellent life view.

While I agree holidays have become a corporate ploy, I truly enjoy getting gifts for others. This year I asked my 6 year old son to find out what he should get for his mom. He told me he already knew. He had actually listened to her weeks ago and taken note of what she wanted. We went to the “store with all of the weird toys” (trying to describe World Market) and he tracked down several things she wanted for her office and had no interest in shopping for himself. We got home and he wrapped it and put under the tree. He was so excited and I was pretty damn proud!
Glad to see you pop in. Lol

Last edited:
Back