• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Deal With Shoe One?

o8b

Oakley Beginner
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what makes Shoe One such a big deal, other than the fact that it's a cool-looking shoe? I think I remember reading somewhere that Jim considered Shoe One to be one of Oakley's greatest achievements (I could be wrong about that -- I'm going from memory), but I can't find ANY info about it on Google. Can anyone fill me in?

Jim posted about it here somewhere. It was the biggest engineering/design project they did I believe. One of Jim's top projects with the company... and a total flop.

Carbon fiber, kevlar, superbike-inspired tread, etc. There is a thread as Rustpot said from Jim himself about his contention that no Oakley collection is complete without a (L)NIB Shoe One.

Shoe One. The unsung hero.
The Shoe One was one of the most interesting things we ever did at Oakley. It was not a commercial success. It should have been.
The Shoe One had more inventions and features than any shoe ever made. It had a kevlar upper and kevlar impregnated outsole. It had a 3 point contact outsole. It is awesome.
I consider this shoe a commercial failure and a design success. It is one of the products I am most proud of.
If you consider yourself an Oakley collector and don't have a NIB Shoe One... I simply won't believe you.
Jim

I think this is what your referring to.

I reckon if re released, they may take off. But saying that, if that happen, the people who have these in the collection wouldn't be happy.

Cool guys, thanks for the info...sounds like it would be a cool shoe to wear!

I reckon if re released, they may take off. But saying that, if that happen, the people who have these in the collection wouldn't be happy.
I disagree----If they came out again, that would make the ORIGINAL 1st Gens go up in value tremendously. At this point, no one hardly even knows they exist. Maybe I am wrong though.....

Does anyone know what the original colors were, we have all seen the yellow ones in @Dallas O Hog hog pen, I also seen the black one. Was their anymore color ways???

There was also a graphite / silver pair along with the yellow and black. Just the three (3) total in the high tops and there was a white one in the lows, totaling four (4) pairs.
xfek.jpg

Latest Posts

Back