• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1991 Desert Storm Iraq and Oakley Sunglasses?

For my two cents I appreciate it as you are adding a possible solution…though probably not. Desert Storm was 1991 and the Eye Jacket (according to O-Review) was made 1994-2004. Unfortunately no photo proof or reference article either way.

But it is similar to what I remember 🪖👍
Now I remember being issued really streamlined glasses/goggles combo. I think the companies name was “Bomber”. Does that ring a bell? They were great on the water
too, the foam that was integrated into the frame made them float.

Now I remember being issued really streamlined glasses/goggles combo. I think the companies name was “Bomber”. Does that ring a bell? They were great on the water
too, the foam that was integrated into the frame made them float.

Yup. I have a Ghost memory of those as well! Different from the Oakley-esque ones I got in Northern Iraq if memory serves which did not have foam.

Is this similar to what you are recalling? Minus the foam it is similar to what’s in my memory banks. Sure woulda swore what was in those care packages were Oakley. Wonder if there is a historian at Oakley in CA who might know…or at least know they did not 🤔

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

For my two cents I appreciate it as you are adding a possible solution…though probably not. Desert Storm was 1991 and the Eye Jacket (according to O-Review) was made 1994-2004. Unfortunately no photo proof or reference article either way.

But it is similar to what I remember 🪖👍
Only other ones I had back then that were similar shape were E wire but they were '92 and metal frame. If they're plastic frame they really only had the Frogskin. Otherwise there was the Blade, Razor Blade and the Mumbo (before the M frame).

Eye Jacket was the closest in resemblance to the Minute I could think of without looking at dates. Everything came after the Eye Jacket though, minute, five, straight jacket etc.

I reviewed O-Review for 1991-2 and there was also something called Oakley Lites but I can't find a photo...but I'd guess they were closer to the original MX or Snow Goggles of the early years.

Probably just a ghost memory on my part with no basis in fact...maybe wishful thinking? 🪖👍

Back